DrewMasonPlays

HEY!

BEFORE YOU READ, NO, I DON'T WANT SOME WEEABOO OR DREADLOCK s***, NO OFFENSE. IF I WANTED THAT, I COULD HAVE FOUND THAT BY LOOKING AROUND THE CORNER AT THE MOD PAGE ALREADY.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now that that is settled, hello!

I'm sure you read the description, and are wondering the same thing I am: Why the hell, after 6 whole years, has no one made a good hair mod for males? No, I'm not talking about that weaboo shite or those dreadlock hair styles, I mean REAL. HAIR. Like Radioreggae, with his Skyrim Workshop Hair Mods! Why are there not really any more of those?

I mean, if I could, I definitely would. I cannot wrap my head around the G.E.C.K. as much as I try to, and if I could, there would be a lot more lore friendly hair mods around. But, alas, it is why I'm here.

I'm sure that making mods is rather tough, considering that they take a lot of time, and texturing, and meshes... I mean, I've seen and heard the pain of my friends trying to make them, but I guess I have to be the person to burst the bubble of the community and frankly say:

Sorry, but porting Sims hair does not really work anymore. They look good, but they can only go so far before you get bored again...

Rrrrrr, is what I say when I pass through page after page of anime and sims hairs. It's 2016! This is quite literally the year of the Undercut, the year of the URBAN RANGER--like from Fallout 4! Who actually wears those hairstyles from the Sims 3? We're all tired of the Smooth Wave, the Pompadour, the Tunnel Snake, and the Clean Cut. Those no longer cut it, either. I mean--come on! There are some great female hairs out there, why not give the men the same amount of love, too?

Is it really that hard to make hair, though? That's my one question: is it really that painful? I know everyone has lives, but just one hair mod with at least one great hairstyle would go SO far. Who knows, you maybe would get the "Saviour of the Wastes!" achievement.

The hair, quite literally, sucks for guys. Right? The smooth wave, pompadour, and tunnel snake can only rule so many times before you start looking for more...

Which brings me here. I'd really appreciate if someone could make some kind of modern hair style--or at least some better hair replacers--for Fallout New Vegas. It's about time it got some good attention. Don't you think?

Edited by DrewMasonPlays

I assume that you do realise making 'requests' in a condescending and insolent fashion is possibly one of the least effective ways of going about it.

It might be that you have a point, not really for me to say, but the way this has been pitched is not going to help garner attention to your cause.

Just speaking from experience.

Best of luck to you :smile:

Also, for those who are going to say,"Why don't you do it yourself?" I would, but that would defeat the whole purpose of making a request on a mod request page. I would if I could, but I can't so I won't.

You could do it if you applied yourself as previous modders have before you. Generally, things get added to a game by people who feel as passionate about what needs to be changed as you do.

• 3 weeks later...

Your request gives me zero motivation to help you.

You yourself are questioning "is it really that hard to make hair".

Well then, pull your finger out and make it yourself ;P

But it's so simple. How come you didn't just load GECK and press the "make awesome hair" button?

Edited by Ethreon

• 1 year later...