Can't get mods to run

davegod

[edit: fixed, I needed to make the plugins.txt read-only after writing the esm name in there, now works perfectly. Sorry, can't see how to edit the title]

First time installing a mod for FO4 and it's been quite a while since New Vegas so it's entirely possible I've missed something obvious. Did some searching but related posts seem to have missed steps in the guide or use older versions...

I'm trying to run Robot Home Defence and prefer to install manually.

I installed the mod into the game folders as described by the mod author, resulting in Robot Home Defence.esm (and a scripts folder) within S:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data.

I followed the guide so edited Fallout4Prefs.ini and Fallout4Custom.ini within the relevant MyGames folder. I then followed the plugin section of said guide and this is where procedure differed - the game wrote Robot Home Defence.esm in DLCList.txt instead of plugins.txt. I ran the game to check and it hadn't loaded the mod, so I copied & pasted Robot Home Defence.esm into plugins.txt and tried again. This still didn't work and the game removed the line I'd had inserted into plugins.txt.

Any ideas? I was expecting to see an option or something within the game launcher or menus but can't see anything.

Edited by davegod