(Overwatch) Tracer Armor

Daranex

Why does everyone assume that seeing people posting copyrighted material gives you the right to do the same?

Those mods either recreated the model/texture/etc for the mod, which is fine, or the moderators just haven't gotten around to taking it down yet.

Edited by ArekkusuStorm

Probably some mods hosted here on the nexus have been given permission like for example:

Metal Gear Solid - ALL IN ONE STANDALONE by Akiba91 - approval by KONAMI itself

Various The Witcher 3 mods - cdprojektred allow it.

but for Overwatch stuffs, i think Blizzard simply isnt giving permission for it. So nexusmods came down on flipdark95's mod hard and fast, it's only been up for like a half hour or so with a couple of hundred views from what i notice.

This is on me.

I've seen plenty of port mods in Skyrim and Fallout 4 that haven't had any issue, so I figured that there was no harm in making my own and putting it on the Nexus has well. Honestly if the mods only took half a hour to take down my mod from the minute I uploaded it, then that says to me that obviously any mods that port objects from Blizzard games in particular aren't allowed.

Although I do question why mods like the lightsaber mod are left up even still.

Still, the mod itself still has plenty of issues for me to fix, so I'm going to take down all download links of it until I can get it fixed and ready for release elsewhere.

Edited by flipdark95