Trouble updating Oblivion, says Old File not found. Help?

I'm running a nearly clean install, I've only added OBMM and OBSE as well as Elys Universal Silent Voice. I don't understand this problem, I haven't encountered it before.

The actual error message is "Old File not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match." in a window called "Patch Error". Can anyone help?

Remember that if your using Shivering Island you need to download Shivering Island Patch NOT the on for vanilla

I also had that problem, I mange to fix it by downloading patch for Shiv here on Nexus :)

First, have you checked game version before updating?(you can see it at title menu)

The game version? I've uninstalled and I'm installing again, when I've reinstalled I'll tell you what it says. What would it change? Like what actions would I take if it was (insert example of what it could be)?

Remember that if your using Shivering Island you need to download Shivering Island Patch NOT the on for vanilla

I also had that problem, I mange to fix it by downloading patch for Shiv here on Nexus :)

I am using the shivering isles version of the patch, but I was installing it before I installed shivering isles. Wait, could that be my problem?

You need both the game and Shivering Isles installed before you patch with the SI patch.

I've now tried the patch with both installed, and it worked. I fail at life. Sorry guys! It seems very simple now that I've done it. Didn't even need to reinstall.