Porting content from other games

Thats part of kicker thou.

Capcom will never give the "ok" to take the files. (port/rip) etc.

If you do so, and use them under guidelines i mention. No one will pretty much bother you. (There are rare moments when lawyers step in, then Mods need get ahold of staff and clear the way)

I had them post on Official Capcom Blog several Oblivion Mods (MH weapons, DMC and Aliens, Some SF outfits) Snow (who was the Community Lead back then) Had no issues of posting them.

I'm probably gonna have some of Skyrim ones shown around today. (wish there was more. >_<)

If its Capcom related, and you get a PM/Email telling you to stop or something. Go to Capcom-Unity, PM Yuffie67, Gregg, S-Kill (really any of mods) (or ask in Ask Capcom) section. we'll usually clear it up. We've been fighting with Youtube to stop removing SF, SFvsTk, MvsC3 Videos..

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... We would love to see Capcom join with CD Projekt (The Witcher) and GSC (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.) in supporting modding by opening up their assets for fair Community use. :thumbsup:

Fixed that for ya'. :wink:

("fair use" has a specific legal meaning under US copyright law. What modders want to do with others' copyrighted materials, in making and distributing their mods anyway, doesn't fit any of them.)

I just want to check that I'm reading this correctly - it's legal/permitted to port Witcher meshes to other games, and these can be uploaded to TheNexus? I was somewhat surprised a short while ago to see Witcher armour meshes ported to Skyrim, but I guess this would explain it.

Yes, it is legal. We have this from the creators of witcher 2. Also STALKER assets can be used, we have this from them as well.

That's a relief. I had the shock of my life when I saw Geralt over there on the Skyrim mods :)

• 5 weeks later...

is it allowed to like remake (completly out of scrat a module of skyrim and use it in oblivion

i mean like this:

1 you see a moddel in skyrim that you want in oblivion

2 you make it (no copying) yourself

3 you make a mod of it

4 you puplease it

is that allowed?

• 2 weeks later...

Is it allowed to use voices from games, cartoons, movies, etc. in mods?

Unless it falls under public domain, I don't think so.

So, how can I tell if it's allowed to be used or not?

I've seen a good amount of mods using voices from shows and such(DBZ, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Fate/Zero, Street Fighter, etc.), are they usable because of how long ago they were done or because(in Fate/Zero's case) it was from Japan?

Edited by GeminiContractor