A little Scripting help please?

Nakalto

not working like it seems it would. it works but the effect doesnt leave you as of right now. close to getting it to work i think

short Button
short Timepassed

begin OnActivate

if (IsActionRef player && GameDaysPassed > Timepassed)
	ShowMessage GSChemistrySetMsg
else
	return
endif

end

BEGIN MenuMode 1001

set Button to GetButtonPressed

if ( Button == 1 )
	player.AddItem Stimpak 5
	Set Timepassed to GameDaysPassed + 1
elseif ( Button == 2 )
	player.AddItem Psycho 1
	player.AddItem Buffout 1
	player.AddItem Mentats 1
	player.AddItem NVSteadyChem 1
	player.AddItem NVReboundChem 1
endif

END

all you need to do is put this in the script and it runs

short Button
short Timepassed

begin OnActivate

if (IsActionRef player && GameDaysPassed > Timepassed)
	ShowMessage GSChemistrySetMsg
else
	return
endif

end

BEGIN MenuMode 1001

set Button to GetButtonPressed

if ( Button == 1 )
	player.AddItem Stimpak 5
elseif ( Button == 2 )
	player.AddItem Psycho 1
	player.AddItem Buffout 1
	player.AddItem Mentats 1
endif

END

all you need to do is put this in the script and it runs

Oh wow!! Thanks man!

i really appreciate it :D

maybe i'll put the mod up so you can see what you contributed to :)

no problem like i tell everyone i love to help because then i learn something new. do you actually understand the script? if not i can explain it for you

Well, i kinda get it but not entierly. But that is because i today learned how hard scripting can be when you have no prior knowledge :P

i changed the amount of drugs recived from 1 to 3, removed Steady and Fixer, and added Morphine instead. Oh and i also added "scn DrugChemistrySet" att the top of the script, but that is as far as my skills go. (learned that today, read it in a guide :P)

Edit: i now saw that changing the drugs added don't match with the text in the messagebox, but that's not a big deal for me anyway. I am just psyked it works! :D

Edited by Nakalto

short Button           ; Short means your adding a variable, like a container for values. a short cant hold a decimal so any decimal points are dropped
short Timepassed   ; if you need to use a decimal number, change short to float.  the global i call is a float but i dont care past the decimal so i have the game drop it

begin OnActivate     ; this means that this part will run when the object it is attached to is used

if (IsActionRef player && GameDaysPassed > Timepassed)    ;the Is ActionRef player checks to make sure its the player using the object.  the && means AND so both statements have to pass this check.  
                                                                                                 ;GameDaysPassed > Timepassed checks to see if a day has passed or not
               ShowMessage GSChemistrySetMsg                             ;makes the message box pop up
       else                                                                                    ;runs if the if statement is false (ie doesnt pass both checks)
               return                                                                          ; return means end this script
       endif                                                                                    ; must have at the end of every if statement

end                                                                                              ; must have to close this begin.  every begin must have an end

BEGIN MenuMode 1001

set Button to GetButtonPressed                       ;finds out which button we selected by making our variable equaled to the choice picked, ie 0,1,2

if ( Button == 1 )                                              ;tells the game what the second menu button does (the one labeled as 1, the first choice to leave it alone is labeled as 0)
               player.AddItem Stimpak 5
               Set Timepassed to GameDaysPassed + 1 ;sets our variable to the gamesetting GameDaysPassed and then adds 1 to it, this is how we simulate the need to wait a day
       elseif ( Button == 2 )                                          ;tells the game what the second menu button does (the one labeled as 2)
               player.AddItem Psycho 1
               player.AddItem Buffout 1
               player.AddItem Mentats 1
               Set Timepassed to GameDaysPassed + 1 ;sets our variable to the gamesetting GameDaysPassed and then adds 1 to it, this is how we simulate the need to wait a day
       endif

all you have to do is find GSChemistrySetMsg under the message tab and type. no scripting there! what you type is what you see

Well, i kinda get it but not entierly. But that is because i today learned how hard scripting can be when you have no prior knowledge :P

i changed the amount of drugs recived from 1 to 3, removed Steady and Fixer, and added Morphine instead. Oh and i also added "scn DrugChemistrySet" att the top of the script, but that is as far as my skills go. (learned that today, read it in a guide :P)

Edit: i now saw that changing the drugs added don't match with the text in the messagebox, but that's not a big deal for me anyway. I am just psyked it works! :D

I believe you have to modify/create a different dialogue box (in GECK terms a Message that pops up a dialogue) rather than using the GSChemistrySetMsg. The message is what determines the box shown to the user. Easiest way would be to filter (All) for GSChemistrySetMsg, Ctrl + D duplicate it, then modify the message prompts [and FormID] to reflect what you are giving the player

Edit - too slow heh. I would suggest duplicating it/changing the Form ID though - otherwise Doc's chem set will be overridden and show the message box for your custom set.

Edited by carlosjuero