A little Scripting help please?

Nakalto

yes you could type anything you wanted. if you make your own dont forget to change the GSChemistrySetMsg to whatever you want to use now. you could even take away the science requirements

Well, i kinda get it but not entierly. But that is because i today learned how hard scripting can be when you have no prior knowledge :P

i changed the amount of drugs recived from 1 to 3, removed Steady and Fixer, and added Morphine instead. Oh and i also added "scn DrugChemistrySet" att the top of the script, but that is as far as my skills go. (learned that today, read it in a guide :P)

Edit: i now saw that changing the drugs added don't match with the text in the messagebox, but that's not a big deal for me anyway. I am just psyked it works! :D

I believe you have to modify/create a different dialogue box (in GECK terms a Message that pops up a dialogue) rather than using the GSChemistrySetMsg. The message is what determines the box shown to the user. Easiest way would be to filter (All) for GSChemistrySetMsg, Ctrl + D duplicate it, then modify the message prompts [and FormID] to reflect what you are giving the player

Edit - too slow heh. I would suggest duplicating it/changing the Form ID though - otherwise Doc's chem set will be overridden and show the message box for your custom set.

Way ahead of you there, i'm finished with the message now ^^ and yes, I made a new FormID so no need to worry, I have learned that now:P

OK, i have just one thing left to fix with this mod, then i'm done :)

I use two other mods (New Meds and Drugs and Drugs Are Bad, Mkay?) and in them you can learn and find new recipies for drugs. but these are made at a campfire, and i felt that a fireplace doesn't really fit the rest of the house.

So i took a stove (Dirtyovenrange) which is a container from start and added the campfirescript to it. Now that worked just fine, but the activation text is still "Open oven [Empty]".

is there a way to change the activationtext on a container? i could use the text-overwrite on the chemistryset but not on this, and im guessing it's container-genes are stubbornly fighting against me on this one.

So, last thing to be fixed, then im posting it :)

i think the open comes from a setting (found one that said container or something like that and the text was open) so i think if you changed that it would change it but it would also change anything that is opened to what you type in there. If you used a static object it would say activate blah. you could put a pan on top of the stove (make a new dup of it) and attach the campfire script to that. that way you can cook meth or noodles!

You can get rid of the [Empty] part by just adding an item [like a pilot light {object id = PilotLight}] to the oven [via editing the Base ID]. This will make it so the text when the cursor is over it is just "Oven" [or whatever you have named yours]

Hmm, looked at one of the home mods I use in FNVEdit - it looks like they took a generic campfire object and changed the meshes to be that of an Oven, rather than adding a campfire script to an oven. This may be a way to get around having the "Open" text appearing [as campfires are devoid of that particular text]

Hmm, looked at one of the home mods I use in FNVEdit - it looks like they took a generic campfire object and changed the meshes to be that of an Oven, rather than adding a campfire script to an oven. This may be a way to get around having the "Open" text appearing [as campfires are devoid of that particular text]

Was it the Goodsprings Home mod? because it's that one i am trying to "copy" :P

I have never used FNVEdit, what is it? an alternative GECK? Because i have tried to change the model used on a campfire to an oven, but i found no way to do it. So that is why i have taken the container-oven solution instead.

Was it the Goodsprings Home mod? because it's that one i am trying to "copy" :P

I have never used FNVEdit, what is it? an alternative GECK? Because i have tried to change the model used on a campfire to an oven, but i found no way to do it. So that is why i have taken the container-oven solution instead.

FNVEdit is a third party utility [you can find a download here on the Nexus] that allows you to clean ESPs, look at what forms they change, create merged patches, and more. It is not an alternative to GECK :)

In order to change the look of the campfire into a stove you have to edit the Base ID. EG: Navigate to World Objects -> Activators in GECK. Filter by CampFire - there are 4 base campfire activator objects. Right click on one of them and select Edit, give it a new Base ID [like CustomCampfireItem or whatever], Then you have to click on the Edit button next to the Model grayed out text box. From there it gets a little more involved and requires BSA file extraction so you can actually point to the proper NIF file [at least thats how I am understanding it].

It feels a tad too complicated to me so I stick with adding the script to a standard oven object :)