Spring Cleaning - scrapped items return.

halfcocked

I've been using Spring Cleaning 2.05 for settlement tidy up.

Today, when I start the game (any save) I get the launch message that some save data is missing. In game, everything that I ever scrapped has been reinstated. I now have a nightmare of all this rubbish now being clipped by the structures and objects i have since built!

The mod itself appears to have ceased working, as scrapping options do not appear in workshop mode. I thought about deleting and re-installing the mod, but I didn't want to do anything that might delete whatever file keeps the record of the scrapped items.

Is there any way to delete and reinstall this mod in a way that will save and re-activate the (I presume) file containing list of of items scrapped?

i have something much like this, i just disable the mod, go to a interior cell like the bunker by sanctuary, SAVE while inside, quit game and reinstall and everything i scrapped is gone again... but i end up always having to do this each time i screw with any mods, so me and that bunker have become good friends lol

EDIT: this also happens with "repair sanctuary roofs"

Edited by horouboi

I'm getting a bug now with spring cleaning since the patch release where it lets me delete the objects and credits me with resources, but the objects remain in the world. don't get me wrong, I love the free resources, but the point was to make my places look like someone re-invented the broom.

patch messed up a lot, as they always do.

i have something much like this, i just disable the mod, go to a interior cell like the bunker by sanctuary, SAVE while inside, quit game and reinstall and everything i scrapped is gone again... but i end up always having to do this each time i screw with any mods, so me and that bunker have become good friends lol

EDIT: this also happens with "repair sanctuary roofs"

Well, I followed your procedure - and it worked! I won't pretend that i understand how it works, but it does seem to have salvaged and reinstated the list of scrapped items.

Thanks very much for your input!

From the mod description of Spring Cleaning:

**Incompatible Mods**

Any mod altering Settlement World Space will cause Spring Cleaning to act adversely and undo the fixes in place for the Cell Reset Bug.

Repair Sanctuary Roofs however is not one of them, since it's only a mesh/texture replacer. But I bet, all of you use some mod that replaces the houses with their prewar versions or expands the settlement build area or makes other worldspace cell edits.

Edited by wax2k

From the mod description of Spring Cleaning:

**Incompatible Mods**

Any mod altering Settlement World Space will cause Spring Cleaning to act adversely and undo the fixes in place for the Cell Reset Bug.

Repair Sanctuary Roofs however is not one of them, since it's only a mesh/texture replacer. But I bet, all of you use some mod that replaces the houses with their prewar versions or expands the settlement build area or makes other worldspace cell edits.

The only other mods I use are the one that reduces generator & turret noise, and one which makes lights a bit brighter. Neither of those do anything radical, and my game has otherwise been perfectly stable until now.

• 2 years later...

Had the same issue after updating the game (scrapped items returning and being unscrappable) and found that adding bUseCombinedObjects=0 to the Fallout.ini under the [General] heading fixes the issue for me (with kudos to mtylerb for this solution).

Thankyou worked for me :)

Just a heads up that the "soultion" you're using is liable to cause more problems that it solves. That .ini edit essentially disables the game's optimization system by disabling precombined meshes on a global level for every cell in the game, not just the settlement cells that most scrapping mods do. You're likely to see very noticeable FPS drops in more densely detailed areas like Diamond City, Downtown, etc. Rendering issues in interior cells are also known issues caused by doing this. It's a really bad idea (IMHO) to use that .ini edit...it really can make a mess of things.