Add Multiple Effects in FO4Edit?

ThoraldGM

Hi there. Old LPC MUD programmer new to modding. Is there a way to add extra effects to a food item in FO4Edit? I'm working on my first mod for practice, which is a copy of the noodle cup that I'm turning into Brahmin Noodles. Ultimately, the new item will be in care packages found randomly in mailboxes. (The care package will include other items like survival guides, pepper spray or knuckles, random letters to college students.)

I'm guessing the random stuff will have to wait for the GECK (along with the modified crafting station recipe). The noodle cup info is:

FormID: NoodleCup "Noodle Cup" [ALCH:00017C73]

EFID Base [magic] Effect: RestoreHealthFood "Restore Health" [MGEF:0000397E]

I can cycle through the effects with the F2 key (or browse them in the Magic Effect section), but I can't figure out how to add/edit another effects line. It would be fun to fortify heal rate or charisma in addition to the base healing.

I set them to restore 50 health and remove 50 rads. My next goals:

- Create care package item that sits in inventory until opened (used). Then item adds package contents to inv and deletes itself.

- Add package to list of items/junk that populates containers around town. See if mailboxes are handled differently than trash bins.

- Create a bulk package of Brahmin Noodles that equals 5 cups. Mainly to try the graphic design side of things and spawn them in realistic areas beyond mailboxes.

Just thinking out loud here. Is there a help file that goes along with FO4Edit?

Edit: Files for dumpster diving:

Prewar_Mailbox "Mailbox" [CONT:000222CF]

Container_Loot_Trashcan [LVLI:000673B5]

Prewar_TrashCan "Trash Can" [CONT:00021E7A]

Container_Loot_Trashbin [LVLI:000C446A]

CA_ObjType_JunkContainer [KYWD:000A7299]

SanctuaryMailbox "Mailbox" [CONT:000AEBB6]

Container_Loot_Mailbox [LVLI:001C246D]

TrashBin01 "Trash Bin" [CONT:0016628C]

Container_Loot_Trashbin [LVLI:000C446A]

LL_Junk_Small [LVLI:0003678C]

LL_Junk_Large [LVLI:000366C6]

LL_Caps_Change [LVLI:000585A4]

You could make the care packages by creating an Ingestible item with modified versions of the NukaColaBottlecapAdder MGEF (FormID A7922) listed as its effects. When used it would be consumed and add whatever item is referenced in the VMAD sections of the different MGEF's .

For getting it implemented in game, it depends on if you want it to spawn occasionally, or be in every mailbox and/or trashcan. Mailboxes are handled the same as trash cans, or any container really, using a leveled item list (that also tends to be linked to other containers) to control what spawns in them.

Noticed from the .nifs attached that the Prewar_Mailbox is the kind of mailbox you'd find around town to send mail, vs SanctuaryMailbox which is what you'd have in front of your house, and could be why it runs on that trash LVLI :laugh:

But easiest and cleanest way to get them in would probably be to create your own LVLI list and attach it directly to the containers you want to have it spawn from.

The noodles you could do like the care package, it would be a pack of them that when used gives you 6 or however many individual packs. Bet it wouldn't be that hard to get Takahashi to sell them haha.

If you're looking for some help with xEdit you may want to take a look at the training manuals for FO3 and NV as they still apply and have a lot of good info.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/8629

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/38413

I'm used to telling myself things in programming on screen, aka flags or debug messages to know a script has been activated, etc. Is there a simple way to write to my game screen in FO4Edit?

I made the Brahmin Noodles cup and added the recipe to Cooking Stations. I'm still having trouble with care packages cloning other items when "consumed".

Screenshots if interested:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=625396185

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=625396437

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=625396745

New to non-text game modding and this is the most progress I've ever made. Plus I'm reading decompiled scripts with Champollion. Pretty happy with the way things are going, but would like to keep making progress. Thanks.

There's a couple of ways of tracking whether your MGEFs are running using only FO4Edit- I normally copy across the visual effects of something dramatic and obvious (like fire damage). You can only actually write to screen via scripts, using the debug.notification or debug.messagebox functions from Papyrus. Look them up on the Skyrim Creation Kit wiki. You'll need to edit your ini files to enable debugging/logging, though- can't remember where that's done.