Fallout 4 invisible or missing textures

Omenpl

Yeah IDK about all that. The way I understand it, is an amount of archive is built into the game's ini, new archive can be written into that to force it to load (which sucks IMO) Then as seen here you got a running stable build that skips the part where it loads 3rd party .BA2 Which in the past was mostly silly as 20Gb of loose files could be loaded before issues would start to develop. Now FO4 the performance requirement is fairly high, certainly with running any kind of build a person would want to run with a smooth framerate. Making things worse the newer engine uses a texture streamer which only grabs whatever sized map of a texture that is needed, as a more advanced method, thus it becomes more important to run archived assets, though, as seen here, the s*** doesn't work.

You could start a new game an see if the .exe picks up on this hypothetical auto loading of .BA2, but then you could do all kinds of things, which *ahem* I don't have the time or energy to bother with. So if you ask me in the idea to get that build of the game working again, I would suggest to just unpack the s*** and be done with it, ditch the .BA2 afterwards. Hopefully it will work, then next time you make a build of FO4 cross your fingers that it won't happen again. The game/mods might become more of a final version in the next few months, but I seriously doubt it is very final or even resembling something that would last long term. In my experience even in the most stable builds of the last year, it's never more than a temporary install that is borderline unstable. So you know, why bother with excessive work for the reason of allowing/prolonging a hobby that will eventually implode on itself anyway.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an example this build has 4Gb of BA2 assets, then 44Gb of loose files. ROFL, like 4gb of BA2 is going to do anything against a 44Gb amount of loose files. Yet, because that 4gb of BA2 doesn't work, it breaks the game entirely. Yeah I would prefer it to all be BA2, but it's not going to happen without doing an amount of work with the Bethesda tools or suitable 3rd party tools. Maybe one day, much later, when I have time.

• 2 weeks later...

You're either missing the archive invalidation setting in your Fallout4Custom.ini or the custom files were not installed correctly.

Follow this:

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Fallout_4_Mod_Installation

and if still having issues, install the custom assets of your mods manually (as in: copy over folders like \data\textures and \data\meshes from your mods to your \Fallout 4 folder).

im having the same issue's with my armour and clothing mods so i try'd a manual install but i dont know to what spesific file's i need to download all of this stuff, im Always having problems because of this. Its purely my own lack of knowhow about this but manual installs are just hard for me

Im having this issue due to updating NMM last 2 days and it went and "tried" to reinstall my mods but obviously didnt do a good job(not even close since im also missing menus etc.)

In other words mods have to be REinstalled manually etc...

I've been seeing a lot of posts similar to this in the last month of so. I believe it's related to the newest update to NMM not installing mods correctly.

Instead of placing files etc in the correct filepath in your fallout4\data folder, it keeps them in virtual path instead... or something like that.

Installing mods manually might be the best course of action until this is resolved in the next update.

yeah but i dont know where to download my file's to because i ussualy get some esm file's and some costume or armour/clothing file's and then there's some other stuff probably just txt files but i dont know i witch f4 folder to put them so if u guys could help me out with that, it would be awesome