respawn mod for hunter, survivalist playthrough

csbx

As a hunter / survivalist player using Frostfall, Campfire, RND, Hunterborn, one of the unfortunate things about the world of Skyrim is the respawn setup. You wipe out the plains south of Whiterun and there is not a deer running through for the rest of the game unless you non-immersively wait for 7, 10, 30 days. As we know, re-visiting the area resets this timer. So if, e.g., Whiterun is your home base, that entire region may not respawn ever.

Shortening this respawn time in a global fashion is not a solution, because quickly respawning humans tend make the world seem static, unchanging--like you don't make an impact on the world. A bandit area I cleared out yesterday should not already be re-populated today.

But I think quickly respawning wildlife to be realistic (given how animals actually move around), and, well, necessary to sustain a survivalist / hunter playthrough.

So here's my request. Enable an option for the respawn timer that affects wildlife (deer, fox, bear etc.) only. Allow the player to set (via another mod e.g.) a global timer (mine is set to 72 hours) and allow for the choice to set wildlife respawns at, say, 6, 12, 24, 48 hours.

Edited by csbx