[WIP] Thirsk Saga

someguy2000

THIRSK SAGA

by Someguy2000

Description:

The Thirsk Mead Hall once hosted bold adventurers famed for great deeds, but recently it's been reduced to a site of incessant revelry by indolent buffoons and craven layabouts. Though the Rieklings are now gone, the symptoms that caused their initial takeover remain. Fortunately, an aging warrior has returned to Thirsk with the goal of restoring its reputation. Should the Dragonborn take up this quest, he/she will undertake adventures fit for heroes. However, even as he/she surmounts fresh challenges, old enemies will awaken, eager to spill the blood of all associated with Thirsk Mead Hall...

Thirsk Saga is a mid-sized quest mod that should provide roughly four hours of content. It includes one main quest and a handful of side quests. It is recommended for high-level characters.

Developer Diary #1

Developer Diary #2

RECRUITING:

Voice Acting:

AUDITIONS ARE NOW OPEN!

Please submit samples via PM in the Nexus. Feel free to improvise additional lines as well, or to PM me with questions.

LINK TO ALL OPEN ROLES

FAQ's:

Q: Is this mod limited to players who help the Nords retake Thirsk?

A: Yes. No.

Q: Why do you hate Rieklings?

A: Because they're devious little ice goblins, that's why. Rieklings are oppressed, misunderstood beings with an undervalued culture. I will work to accommodate these filthy turdlings... I mean... individuals.

Q: Is this the adaptation of Beowulf you've been yapping about for years?

A: Yes.

Q: Will the player have actual choices?

A: Yes, more so than any mod I've made for Skyrim thus far, even Blood of the Nord. Because of the setting and structure, I felt free to write some surprisingly branching questlines.

Q: Will we get new weapons and/or armor?

A: No, but you'll probably get a perk.

Q: Wait, aren't you supposed to be finishing Blood of the Nord? What the hell are you about?

A: I'm waiting for voice actors, and since there still isn't a GECK for FO4, I figured what the hell. It's not a huge mod, so I've made rapid progress.

Q: Will you acknowledge Eve as the one true goddess and savior of Pendor in this mod?

A: No. Non serviam!

Q: What are you talking about? Who's Eve?

A: Don't worry about it. Whatever you do, just stay away from the comments in my Youtube channel. In fact, just stay away from that entire shitshow.

Q: I sided with the Rieklings. What are my options?

A: Re-load an earlier savegame and slay the ice goblins. Dirty snow smurfs need to learn their place. You'll find a new questgiver in Thirsk who will start on you on a grand, unforgettable adventure.

Q: Seriously, what's your workaround?

A: I don't have one. It's gated content. You made a choice, accept the consequences. I learned to embrace the madness.

Q: I choose to call you an a**hole. What are the consequences for that?

A: Baby Jesus will give you cancer.

Q: You're going to hell, you know that?

A: Yes.

Q: Do you have anything remotely relevant to the mod that you can contribute, or is it just more irreverent grousing?

A: It's a relatively straightforward quest mod, but the side quests become available after the main quests, much like in The Inheritance.

Q: You love your italics, don't you? Such an a**hole!

A: I really need a drink.

Q: Is there unique dialogue for each race?

A: Not really. Yes, on rare occasion.

Q: Wow, that was a surprisingly down to earth question thrown in amidst the madness. How did that happen?

A: Brain fart.

Q: How will the side quests work?

A: You finish the main quest (which features a number of choices) and then certain quests become available based on past choices. Not all quests will be available in every playthrough.

Q: Will choices in other mods play a part in Thirsk Saga?

A: Absolutely, especially Sword of Sigdan.

Q: Okay, so you're really adapting Beowulf? How close is this gonna be, because if I have to listen to some bard rattle off The Battle of Finnsburg...

A: It's a loose adaptation.

Q: So... is the player Beowulf? Hrothgar? Grendel? How will this work?

A: Play it and find out.

Q: Can I f*** a demonic Angelina Jolie?

A: Absolutely. You'll gain an ability that makes your genitals shout Fus Ro Dah when you climax. It's amazing.

Q: Will there be robust mammaries on display?

A: Yes, in fact this is an avant-garde reimagining of Beowulf with a mammary-centric narrative. Heroism is measured by the degree of breast-positivism, not archaic metrics like monster-slaying. We are slaying monsters like sexual repression and censorship.

Q: Will it be voiced?

A: No, characters will communicate with interpretive dance.

Q: You started drinking, didn't you?

A: Quite some time ago, actually.

Q: We should stop now.

A: Baby Jesus is watching you.

Edited by someguy2000

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With my limited recollection of Beowulf, I assume we'll be fighting some sort of bastard child of the Cheshire Cat and a Caragor?

All Eve wants is to have her glory immortalized in the form of a video game character! Put her in and the curse will be ended!

I'm saving that for the next Immersive Idiot. She is not the star, by the way.

I have plans...