⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

How do I install mods?

rabcor

I can't for the life of me figure out where to install files from downloaded mods for Xcom 2, readme files don't tend to contain any clues (not in any of the 3 mods I downloaded, which were free camera rotation, configurable mission timers and accurate swords).

Where do I put the files?

Edited by rabcor

Oh I found it in the mod description for free camera rotation. Couldn't even find it anywhere on google.

Windows users:
For manual install unzip the package into your Steam\steamapps\common\XCOM 2\XComGame\Mods folder (create Mods folder if it doesn't exist). The mod should be visible and selectable in launcher. If it's not, make sure you haven't unpacked the mod into a subfolder, i.e. FreeCameraRotation.XComMod file should be in Steam\steamapps\common\XCOM 2\XComGame\Mods\FreeCameraRotation folder. Run the launcher, select the mod.

Linux users:
Create mods folder under [Path To SteamLibrary]/steamapps/common/XCOM 2/share/data/xcomgame, so it looks like this: [Path To
SteamLibrary]/steamapps/common/XCOM 2/share/data/xcomgame/mods and unpack the mod there. Then mass-rename all the folders and files to lowercase. Final file structure should look like this: [Path To SteamLibrary]/steamapps/common/XCOM 2/share/data/xcomgame/mods/freecamerarotation/freecamerarotation.xcommod (plus other files inside freecamerarotation folder). Run the launcher, select the mod.

Mac users:
Create mods folder under ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/XCOM 2/XCOM2Data/xcomgame, so it looks like this: ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/XCOM 2/XCOM2Data/xcomgame/mods and unpack the mod there. Then mass-rename all the folders and files to lowercase. Final file structure should look like this: ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/XCOM 2/XCOM2Data/xcomgame/mods/freecamerarotation/freecamerarotation.xcommod (plus other files inside freecamerarotation folder). Run the launcher, select the mod.

Edited by rabcor