Display Item Script Question

Learwolf

So I'm re-doing a house mod I worked on some while back from the ground up. I'm aiming to make this project big in terms of gameplay progression. I've made (and am still fine tuning) rooms dedicated to displaying objects related to factions, storyline, etc. (Different display rooms related to every faction, a blades/storyline room, etc.) I'm implementing a Library to store and display every book in the game. I implemented a temple area that displays the shrines once you've found them in the game. The ideas I want to further implement, continue to flow. The inspiration behind the ideas are drawn mostly from the Skyrim mod Dragonborn Gallery - Legacy of the Dragonborn.

My question is this, I know there are some limitations to what can be done, but is it possible to make (example, the library area) implement a pedestal that will check the players inventory for books, and if the player has a book, store it within a container (bookcase container), and once in this container - display a book on the bookcase container (via the enable/disable script commands).

An alternative idea I have is to implement this would be along the lines of:

Player uses the pedestal;

-Checks inventory for book names

-Removes books and sets a variable to 1 to prevent removing duplicates of the book

-Enable Book(s) on display bookcase (the books are fake activator duplicates)

-If player uses the fake book activator, the variable for that book is set to 0, the real book is added to inventory, and the fake activator book is disabled

Would this theoretically work?

Also, could a similar idea be used towards displaying certain items such as Wraithguard and other objects?

And lastly, as somewhat mentioned above, what are the issues with remote storage of items? I remember reading something forever ago about issues it had with it, but I don't know what they are or if there are any workarounds.

Thanks a ton in advance for any assistance! Looking forward to releasing this mod in the future.