Getting On The Institutes Bad Side. [SPOILER]

MadTod

I'm on my second playthrough of Fallout 4 and I want to destroy the Institute with the Minutemen but to do so I need to loose favour with them. What is the easiest way of doing this without joining the Brotherhood or Railroad and is it possible to do without murdering anyone?

Any help would be very much appreciated, thanks.

When you first visit the institute and father introduces himself, say no thanks their, they will then escalate things themselves.

On your first trip to the Institute, hack Dr. Li's computer. I did this on my first play through just out of curiosity (to see if she had anything on it about DC and the capital wasteland) and it pissed off everyone in the Institute. Oh yes, you will have to fight your way out at that point, but I guarantee that they will be pissed at you!

On your first trip to the Institute, hack Dr. Li's computer. I did this on my first play through just out of curiosity (to see if she had anything on it about DC and the capital wasteland) and it pissed off everyone in the Institute. Oh yes, you will have to fight your way out at that point, but I guarantee that they will be pissed at you!

Wow this is good. Because I had to kill some named scientists to get them to hate me. And I really hate killing scientists.

The draw back with disagreeing with Father is you have no chance to get the virus culture for Virgil.

I'm starting to understand where you're coming from. You're trying to follow that super-restrictive "walkthrough", innit?

Well, as they say, there's more than one way to skin a cat. Method #29: sandpaper :tongue:

Try studying this one instead: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/The_Nuclear_Option_%28Minutemen%29 It lets you do a LOT more and still end up with 3 factions active. Most notably, you can finish Institutionalized.

That wiki was a great help as I want to give Virgil the serum so I can't decline Father's offer at first meeting him, however I'm torn between ending it after Bunker Hill (negative conversation with Father) or progressing through the institute quests until Pinned where I will side with the minutemen at Graygardens against the Institute so I can also become hostile towards the Brotherhood of Steel after the Mass Fusion quest.

P.S. Does McDonough get exposed after the main quest if you get the Institutes power up and running (complete Mass Fusion quest for them)?