.esm or .esp ?? Does anything frigging work?

apostate9

I wish there was a way I could post all these screen shots I just made for you folks just minutes ago, it's caaaaannnnddddyyyy Oh boy ! The editor on this site say's http so I haven't a clue to to post them here. The only way is short abbreviated text and then there is a time lapse to consider too.

Step one

Geck ready,top menu bar,Navmesh,advanced navmsh gen,Special passes box only,click 4 buttons all at the same time(generate objects---Land and Objects ---Find cover and finalize. Then push ok.

Now, in the edge of the main window you will see it is creating all the navmeshes and objects that are associated with the code you made! aka 10% of the missing data for a mastered file.

Term for master is NOT esm. A mastered file is a complete file. esm is game structure and folks are taking it like it was a god send item to be master. Well it's not. it is a source file. Again "esm files are source files" Yes they are supposed to be mastered.

when all the auto generation is completed , the lower edge will say done and completed.

Now we go to step two.

Edited by ccmechanic2

Now we go to step two.

2. Geck ready,top menu bar,Navmesh aand 6 segments down you will see 4 items.

item 1 check worldspace for finalize <<run this and check the lower edge for it to complete. it's really fast so it should seem instant to you. Then do the next one after it.

item 2 finalize world space. again really fast.

item 3 Fource Finalize Full world pace. should be fast also now comes the Big guy. this is the last thing and it will take a very long time to complete.

Fource finalize all spaces. What this does is corrects missing data, adds a ton of more data that was fixed and also does navmesh auto at the same time.

462kb file is 15 hours on my system, final file size when completed. 22,462 MB

Edited by ccmechanic2

Now people understand this NOW, when you decide to do this! plan not to use the PC at all. any disturbance will corrupt the files progress and ruin your work.

This is the secret to completely create a mastered file. NOT an ESM Source files require another method, AKA textures ,nif's, sound, etc.....When done your left with a mastered esp and it has all the need data to prevent crashing in the games. Now this kind of file can no longer be messed with. Thats why I said to keep copies in stages as you create your wares. End of line.

OK put this in my private wiki and experiment with it at a later time. Thank you ccmechanic2 for taking the time to lay all this out for us here. :)

OK put this in my private wiki and experiment with it at a later time. Thank you ccmechanic2 for taking the time to lay all this out for us here. :)

cool, then I can shut down My GECK because I need to load some Valve tools, and they don't play nice with the GECK in ram.

Edited by ccmechanic2

This is certainly interesting, but as far as I know none of the quest mods distributed at newvegasnexus use this (based on filesize) and there has not been any mention of this during the six months I have been in these forums and the bethsoft forums. Where did you learn about this?

Do any of the other experienced modders here have any thoughts about this? It seems unlikely that a mod with one internal room changed, needs to have 22 MB of other stuff along with it. The effect seems similar to the "recompile all scripts" button, which we have been told to never use.

BTW it is very easy to post screenshots; click the "use full editor" button and then click the "attachment" button. Fortunately your descriptions are clear enough that screenshots aren't needed to follow your description.

Personally, I think ccmechanic2 is trying to pull our legs. (unless the FO Geck differs vastly to the FNV Geck).

In my terminology I'd call the resulting 22Mb Mastered Mod, a "Dirty Mod". Do not use this if you intend to upload your files to share as they'll cause heaps of conflicts. Most of the 'new data' will be exact copies of the navmesh info from the base esm file. So yeah make sure you keep your original files intact as he strongly suggests ;)

@davidallen, yeah I agree it's interesting. I'm wondering if something like this could be used to merge navmeshes on a personal basis. ie. make a personal navmesh_patch (similar to the normal personal merged patch for formlists etc.) But if you still need to set the master flag then it kind of deafeats the purpose as it would need to be loaded last.

I can supply all of you folks with the experimental working Mods that support this evaluation to the letter. One room is hardly 22MB. Thats a little out of context. But no matter. Seeing is believing. How did I learn this. Well it;s the same in both GECK's my friends. And I am not pulling your legs. and it is most definitely not a dirty mod. those that wish to try this, make sure you know how to check any file you now have for errors using the FNV editor Or fo3 editor which ever game you wish to experiment in. Like I said, Seeing is Believing if that what it takes. Edited by ccmechanic2