Catholic Church

LeTissier

I've never tried modding anything other than CFS2, but this is something I've thought about since I first saw the game.

This is something I've been wanting as well. I thought it would be awesome to replace the Nine Divines religion with the Catholic Church. or the Orthodox Church, if you're up for Byzantine and Russian architecture!

The Gothic style of the chapels in the game really make me think of medieval Catholic churches though. I'e always thought it would be awesome to replace the round and octagonal altars with a huge, Gothic High Altar!

I guess that would be quite a mod! It would mean replacing a large part of the game's plot. IF anyone does this, can the Mythic Dawn be replaced with the Calvinists? No offence if you're protestant. I just thought that would make an interesting mod. Maybe a medieval alternate history on the map of Elder Scrolls IV.

If anyone is doing this, you have to have Masses, Male clergy, Christian vestments, and pipe organs. Some Medieval music, both in church and on the street would be really awesome.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never tried modding anything other than CFS2, but this is something I've thought about since I first saw the game.

This is something I've been wanting as well. I thought it would be awesome to replace the Nine Divines religion with the Catholic Church. or the Orthodox Church, if you're up for Byzantine and Russian architecture!

The Gothic style of the chapels in the game really make me think of medieval Catholic churches though. I'e always thought it would be awesome to replace the round and octagonal altars with a huge, Gothic High Altar!

I guess that would be quite a mod! It would mean replacing a large part of the game's plot. IF anyone does this, can the Mythic Dawn be replaced with the Calvinists? No offence if you're protestant. I just thought that would make an interesting mod. Maybe a medieval alternate history on the map of Elder Scrolls IV.

If anyone is doing this, you have to have Masses, Male clergy, Christian vestments, and pipe organs. Some Medieval music, both in church and on the street would be really awesome.

This would be awesome!!

But what should the mod be called?

Hmmm. I didn't think of a name. I just thought it would be cool to had a pipe organ in church and have priests and deacons and bishops wearing the appropriate Mass vestments. You gotta have all the music and stuff too!

Here are a few ideas for a name. "The House of God", "Join The Men in Black", "Holy Orders" "Sacred Places"...

Wait - you can do that? I'll give that a try, thanks!

Meanwhile i'll sign up to photobucket and post some screenies of the church and paste the link to the album here. Just tell me what you think and anything you want changed...

http://s1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee500/ZayneCleric/Catholic%20Church%20Oblivion%20Mod/?previewTheme=203&track=interstitial&previewCancelUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fs1230.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fee500%2FZayneCleric%2FCatholic%2520Church%2520Oblivion%2520Mod%2F

EDIT: Sorry, i cant seem to figure out the whole faction thing, may have to look up a tutorial

@TheMysteriousTraveler Did you actualy make this mod? I couldn't follow the link.

Wait - you can do that? I'll give that a try, thanks!

Meanwhile i'll sign up to photobucket and post some screenies of the church and paste the link to the album here. Just tell me what you think and anything you want changed...

http://s1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee500/ZayneCleric/Catholic%20Church%20Oblivion%20Mod/?previewTheme=203&track=interstitial&previewCancelUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fs1230.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fee500%2FZayneCleric%2FCatholic%2520Church%2520Oblivion%2520Mod%2F

EDIT: Sorry, i cant seem to figure out the whole faction thing, may have to look up a tutorial

@TheMysteriousTraveler Did you actualy make this mod? I couldn't follow the link.

Yes, i made the mod -_-

I could prove it, but i dont know how. The link worked for letissier though.

Edited by TheMysteriousTraveler

Uh oh.

I dunno how to load a previously saved mod! isnt there a load/edit mod button? i tried going to data files. selecting oblivion.esp and catholic church.esp but when i make some changes, they dont show up in game because im like, making a new mod that isnt conflicting with the old one or something.

Can someone help me?

EDIT: Figured it out, i have to set it as the active file. dont worry about me

EDIT 2: Added in 2 priests and 1 commoner who are going to be quest givers. I'll update you again in a sec.

Edited by TheMysteriousTraveler

More work for me!

Okay, added 3 more commoners to the church, one of them is some old dude the other is a couple (Thinking of adding a quest were they want to get divorced).

Btw, been meaning to ask you. Y'know the catholic beliefs? We'll, seeing this is a medieval game we should probably add the old catholic beliefs but i was wondering, do you want the new beliefs, or the older beliefs?

If it is older beliefs, i guess it could work with the divorce quest because if i recal, back in the old days, people thought divorce was a sin. (And in quest you try to stop divorce?)