Catholic Church

LeTissier

Way to deal with him bben46!

Childish behaviour and failure to respect other peoples beliefs results in just that.

This is just a mod! nothing else..

For us christians its a little bit special to have a church not just a catholic but a place where all christians can enjoy a bit of home to have in their oblivion games :)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, i'm catholic myself (which is the main reason why i helping with this mod).

Anyways, i'm gonna make the mod again...

just as soon as i get a Latte...

EDIT: meanwhile, i am still looking for a mod i can use to replace the nine divines windows. Like, a modders resource. I just need windows to put on top of the old ones

EDIT 2: Also, if anyone knows of any christian like modders resource stuff, please tell me so i can improve the mod.

EDIT 3: Okay, i just rebuilt the church. I also made a bible to put in the church aswell (full of the ten commandments)

Edited by TheMysteriousTraveler

Ty mark, going to resume the project in an hour.

Btw dont think i can make quests because whenever i make one the CS crashes. But i can probably make factions still.

Just going to throw it out there as a suggestion: in Stephen King's "Dark Tower" series, Father Callahan was a once-ordained priest (he lost his faith for a while and then regained it, but that's another story) whom found his way into All World, the world setting for the "Dark Tower" series, from our own world. Recognizing the similarities between All World and Earth in terms of its people, some of its cultures, etc, Father Callahan began to teach Christianity to several of the people in the area he ultimately settled in. Catholicism, in this sense, was fairly well accepted, albeit often, as was the case with the early Church in our own world, not without some other religions being kept by the people as minor gods, something Father Callahan was still slowly working on when Roland Deschain, the main character of the books, met him in Book 4 (Roland himself does not become a Christian but he does consider Christianity to have its merits and recognizes mention of Christ as "The Man Jesus," a religion Roland encountered earlier in his story, which may indicate other Christians had found their way into All World, having only mild success in introducing Christianity into those areas).

This is a reasonable approach, I think, to the introduction of an unusual religion, compared with what most of Cyrodiil would know, alongside the mainstay religion of a region, that of the Nine (or Eight) Divines. Some success, but you wouldn't see the entire region turn to the new religion easily, if barely at all. Not unlike Christianity in the Dark and Middle Ages, where it was a relatively slow process to bring Western Europe over to Christianity and Christianity's traditions, in and of themselves, were strongly influenced by the cultures and remnants of the religions in these areas (Hel, a goddess of death, is quite literally the original reference of the phrase "Go to Hel[l]," the name used for the Christian Hell up until that point being "the Abyss," Tartarus ("hell" in Greco-Roman Mythology, and thus an easy term for early Christians to use in the region), or some other minor word). The Religion of the Nine Divines, as indicated in High Rock (see the game, Daggerfall) and in the "Oblivifall: Losing My Religion" mod, is a little more complex than what we see in the unmodified Oblivion game (Christianity, past and present, is not without its finer details as well), but still. You get my point, I hope: just bear in mind that Christianity, as a new religion in Tamriel, wouldn't be the dominant religion, nor would some of its followers totally "get" it yet (i.e. some might see no problem with divorce whatsoever, assuming that their culture and the Nine Divines religion did not have an issue with this).

And now I've said way too much, lol. Cool idea, in any case. It opens up the doors a bit more for role-players and also offers at least one alternative to the Nine Divines religion and worship of Tamriel's more accepted deities in general.

Just going to throw it out there as a suggestion: in Stephen King's "Dark Tower" series, Father Callahan was a once-ordained priest (he lost his faith for a while and then regained it, but that's another story) whom found his way into All World, the world setting for the "Dark Tower" series, from our own world. Recognizing the similarities between All World and Earth in terms of its people, some of its cultures, etc, Father Callahan began to teach Christianity to several of the people in the area he ultimately settled in. Catholicism, in this sense, was fairly well accepted, albeit often, as was the case with the early Church in our own world, not without some other religions being kept by the people as minor gods, something Father Callahan was still slowly working on when Roland Deschain, the main character of the books, met him in Book 4 (Roland himself does not become a Christian but he does consider Christianity to have its merits and recognizes mention of Christ as "The Man Jesus," a religion Roland encountered earlier in his story, which may indicate other Christians had found their way into All World, having only mild success in introducing Christianity into those areas).

This is a reasonable approach, I think, to the introduction of an unusual religion, compared with what most of Cyrodiil would know, alongside the mainstay religion of a region, that of the Nine (or Eight) Divines. Some success, but you wouldn't see the entire region turn to the new religion easily, if barely at all. Not unlike Christianity in the Dark and Middle Ages, where it was a relatively slow process to bring Western Europe over to Christianity and Christianity's traditions, in and of themselves, were strongly influenced by the cultures and remnants of the religions in these areas (Hel, a goddess of death, is quite literally the original reference of the phrase "Go to Hel[l]," the name used for the Christian Hell up until that point being "the Abyss," Tartarus ("hell" in Greco-Roman Mythology, and thus an easy term for early Christians to use in the region), or some other minor word). The Religion of the Nine Divines, as indicated in High Rock (see the game, Daggerfall) and in the "Oblivifall: Losing My Religion" mod, is a little more complex than what we see in the unmodified Oblivion game (Christianity, past and present, is not without its finer details as well), but still. You get my point, I hope: just bear in mind that Christianity, as a new religion in Tamriel, wouldn't be the dominant religion, nor would some of its followers totally "get" it yet (i.e. some might see no problem with divorce whatsoever, assuming that their culture and the Nine Divines religion did not have an issue with this).

And now I've said way too much, lol. Cool idea, in any case. It opens up the doors a bit more for role-players and also offers at least one alternative to the Nine Divines religion and worship of Tamriel's more accepted deities in general.

I like this. One problem, more work for me :/

• 2 years later...

Bump!

Just checking to see if anything has happened in the vein of making a Church mod, or just sets of vestments for Oblivion or Skyrim. Skyrim is awesome, but the vesture is too simple for my exquisite taste.