Brightness Dims Dramatically and Colors Fade Before My Eyes

AndriconBoy

The folder you put the file in is

"Program Files (x86)>Steam>steamapps>common>Fallout 4"

It should be the same folder that has Fallout 4.exe and Fallout4Launcher.exe. Just dump the .txt file there.

When you're in-game and you type "bat imod" into the console, you should see a bunch of "rimod" commands appear in the console, like this:

rimod 00000162;
rimod 00000164;
rimod 00000166;
rimod 0001928B;
rimod 0001ED7C;
rimod 0001ED7D;
rimod 0001F5AD;
rimod 0001F60F;
rimod 00021184;
rimod 0002119C;
rimod 0002458E;
If you see that, the file launched the commands properly.

Make sure you're typing it without the quotations. Just bat imod.

It started working fine out of the blue. Wtf!? Edited by AndriconBoy

Yeah, just put the imod.txt file into the Fallout 4 folder. You don't add it to any other files.

EDIT: I just saw that it's working for you again (for some reason, lol).

Glad you can see again, at least.

Edited by ma1025

Well, I see it's not working again.

Okay, what are your system specs?

In the meantime, in the console, type "sisme 0"

That will completely disable all IMODs. (using sisme 1 will turn them back on)

That will tell you definitively if it's because of an IMOD or not.

Yeah, just put the imod.txt file into the Fallout 4 folder. You don't add it to any other files.

EDIT: I just saw that it's working for you again (for some reason, lol).

Glad you can see again, at least.

And it just randomly stopped working again in spite of not having changed anything.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.

I think I'm just going to have to reinstall.

Once I put your text doc in the correct folder, and used the console command, the problem ceased.

Thank you. You saved me from giving up on the game entirely. Now I can enjoy it again in what little free time I do have.

Just one last thing...

Having used the console command to correct this, does it mean there are any mods I have to re-install? Did it affect anything long term or will it prevent something else from working?

Thank you, again, very much.

I'm glad the batch file took care of it. Stuck imagespace modifiers are a common but easily fixed problem.

There won't be anything permanently affected by using the rimod command. All it does is clear the current effect - in the case of my batch file, all of them at once - but it doesn't disable them completely.

For example, looking through a scope with night vision loads an imagespace modifier to give it the bright green look. If you used my batch file while you're looking through it, the effect will disappear.

However, when you lower the gun and then look through the scope again, the effect returns.

IMOD effects will return normally when the game calls on them again.

I'm glad the batch file took care of it. Stuck imagespace modifiers are a common but easily fixed problem.

There won't be anything permanently affected by using the rimod command. All it does is clear the current effect - in the case of my batch file, all of them at once - but it doesn't disable them completely.

For example, looking through a scope with night vision loads an imagespace modifier to give it the bright green look. If you used my batch file while you're looking through it, the effect will disappear.

However, when you lower the gun and then look through the scope again, the effect returns.

IMOD effects will return normally when the game calls on them again.

I started up my game after a couple weeks of not finding the time to play. The problem persists and I have no idea why.

I'm so effing tired of this.

Thanks for all your help, but it seems pretty hopeless.

The screen will dim before my eyes. If I alt+tab out of the game, and return, everything is OK for another 10 seconds, but then it dims again. I think I'm just going to have to play the vanilla version if I want to complete the game and still be able to see what I'm doing.

Your solution worked for a day. I don't what I did wrong in the meantime, but still, thank you for helping me.

You can totally turn off IMODs with "sisme 0" in the console, but it will disable every screen effect (fade to black, crippled head, night vision, etc)

sisme 1 will turn them back on.

• 4 months later...

You can totally turn off IMODs with "sisme 0" in the console, but it will disable every screen effect (fade to black, crippled head, night vision, etc)

sisme 1 will turn them back on.

After a long wait, and a lot of trouble-shooting, I found the problem.

It's my freaking monitor/TV. It has several presets (sports viewing, streaming, etc), including a "Game Mode."

The Game Mode is what's doing this. I don't yet know whether or not this is normal function, or if it is not working properly. I will reply for everyone once I find out.

This might be important to anyone using a Samsung HDTV/UHDTV as their computer monitor.