A Guide to HDT-SMP Users/Modders

treota

Greetings people. I seriously need some help in this matter. I'm just a casual user, with no idea of what all these terms means.

What is my problem: I saw this Haku Wedding dress for UNP, with a physics addon. It turns out that addon wasn't just your average plug n' play mod. and that it needed HDT-SMP.

Haku wedding dress UNP, have 2 files: 1) the armour mod itself 2) the hdt-smp patch.

So how do I get it to work properly?

What i*ve done until now/what I have:

1) I have read posts by both Uhuru N'Uru and Sleepless Guy

2) I have acquired the files (hdtSkyrimMemPatch) and (hdtSkinnedMeshPhysics) from the chinese site

3) I have also acquired the files from ApoKrytia

4) I have both files for Haku Wedding dress UNP

5) I have UNPB BLESSED

6) I have newest Skyrim ver and SKSE

7) I have XP32 Maximum skeleton extended

:cool: My rig: GTX 980, i7-4790K, 16gb DDR3

9) I have the latest OpenGL runtime for intel CPUs

so what do I do? how do I properly install this HDT SMP? I just want to use the Haku dress with physics :sad:

Edited by Psychosaiyan

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings people. I seriously need some help in this matter. I'm just a casual user, with no idea of what all these terms means.

What is my problem: I saw this Haku Wedding dress for UNP, with a physics addon. It turns out that addon wasn't just your average plug n' play mod. and that it needed HDT-SMP.

Haku wedding dress UNP, have 2 files: 1) the armour mod itself 2) the hdt-smp patch.

2) I have acquired the files (hdtSkyrimMemPatch) and (hdtSkinnedMeshPhysics) from the chinese site

5) I have UNPB diamonized

so what do I do? how do I properly install this HDT SMP? I just want to use the Haku dress with physics :sad:

If you want the dress on LE (old skyrim):

1. Install this: https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3285-all-in-one-hdtskinnedmeshphysics-setup-20b-fomod/
  2. Install the first file from here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/87476/?tab=files
  3. Install the optional SMP patch from the same location (Overwrite files) (Use mod organizer for less headaches)

If your rig can run LE SMP then you should be good to go at this point, the dress comes with xml physics files linked via the dress object itself.

Try with both true & false set in your configs.xml for openCL. (skse/plugins/hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs)

<configs>
  <opencl>
    <enable>false</enable>
  </opencl>
</configs>

<!-- OR -->
<configs>
  <opencl>
    <enable>true</enable>
  </opencl>
</configs>

If your rig can not run SMP then you will most likey get a complaint about memory access violation in your hdtSkyrimMemPatch.log (skse/plugins/).

If you want the dress on SSE:

1. Get the dress: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13094?tab=files
  2. Figure out a way to convert the objects from the SMP patch to SSE format: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/87476/?tab=files. These objects contain collision proxies and the link to the physics xml files. NIF Optimizer has promise, a really basic test sortof worked. the dress was in the wrong location).
  3. Get the beta SSE version of SMP: http://www.9damao.com/thread-61878-1-1.html (need to post a reply to the topic to get to the download)
  4. Should be good to go

Pretty much drop & go for LE, but for us Nvidia users LE is basically a bust (intel CPU might save you there).

Note that all you need for this to work is:

• HDT SMP
  • HDT High Heels
  • Haku Wedding dress

The body you use is only really relevant if you wanted to have physics applied to your characters body when you are not wearing chest slot armor (cuirasse).

Edited by treota

If you want the dress on LE (old skyrim):

1. Install this: https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3285-all-in-one-hdtskinnedmeshphysics-setup-20b-fomod/
  2. Install the first file from here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/87476/?tab=files
  3. Install the optional SMP patch from the same location (Overwrite files) (Use mod organizer for less headaches)

If your rig can run LE SMP then you should be good to go at this point, the dress comes with xml physics files linked via the dress object itself.

Try with both true & false set in your configs.xml for openCL. (skse/plugins/hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs)

<configs>
  <opencl>
    <enable>false</enable>
  </opencl>
</configs>

<!-- OR -->
<configs>
  <opencl>
    <enable>true</enable>
  </opencl>
</configs>

If your rig can not run SMP then you will most likey get a complaint about memory access violation in your hdtSkyrimMemPatch.log (skse/plugins/).

If you want the dress on SSE:

1. Get the dress: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13094?tab=files
  2. Figure out a way to convert the objects from the SMP patch to SSE format: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/87476/?tab=files. These objects contain collision proxies and the link to the physics xml files. NIF Optimizer has promise, a really basic test sortof worked. the dress was in the wrong location).
  3. Get the beta SSE version of SMP: http://www.9damao.com/thread-61878-1-1.html (need to post a reply to the topic to get to the download)
  4. Should be good to go

Pretty much drop & go for LE, but for us Nvidia users LE is basically a bust (intel CPU might save you there).

Note that all you need for this to work is:

• HDT SMP
  • Haku Wedding dress
  • XPMSE Skeleton

The body you use is only really relevant if you wanted to have physics applied to your characters body when you are not wearing chest slot armor (cuirasse).

I have downloaded the All-In-One HDT SMP Setup 2.0b (FOMOD).rar and SMP+MemPatch Binary Archive.rar. and installed those with NMM together with XMPSE skeleton. It didn't work, and it made my character purple. And playing around with the config.xml didn't do any good either

And I have/play Legendary edition... if that's what LE stands for

Edited by Psychosaiyan

UPDATE: so I replaced the original HDT SMP files with the ones in SMP+MemPatch Binary Archive.rar from the folder (SMP 2017 3), and that fixed the purple skin issue. But the dress is still static.

That being said, now it bugs out with HDT heels, the dress is still static, but my character is hopping up and down, with the heels equipped

Edited by Psychosaiyan

Config looks fine really.

What do your SMP / mem patch log files say?

(skse/plugins/)

Unfortunately I am stabbing in the dark a little really, I no longer have a rig that can run SMP for Legendary Edition.

Never mind apparently I'm talking out my arse, works fine on my rig with LE :happy: .

- 1080ti

- ryzen 7 1800

So I successfully ran the dress with physics with this setup:

<!-- Probably not relevant

- Unofficial LE patch

- OneTweak

<!-- Should be all that is required

- All in one setup (or the SMP dll files if you prefer)

- HDT High Heels (required master by the dress)

- Haku dress

- Haku SMP patch

This is without any tweaking or fiddling at all, note that the install order is relevant.

If you happen to have the floating healthbars mod, try turning it off.

Edited by treota

Config looks fine really.

What do your SMP / mem patch log files say?

(skse/plugins/)

Unfortunately I am stabbing in the dark a little really, I no longer have a rig that can run SMP for Legendary Edition.

Never mind apparently I'm talking out my arse, works fine on my rig with LE :happy: .

- 1080ti

- ryzen 7 1800

So I successfully ran the dress with physics with this setup:

<!-- Probably not relevant

- Unofficial LE patch

- OneTweak

<!-- Should be all that is required

- All in one setup (or the SMP dll files if you prefer)

- HDT High Heels (required master by the dress)

- Haku dress

- Haku SMP patch

This is without any tweaking or fiddling at all, note that the install order is relevant.

If you happen to have the floating healthbars mod, try turning it off.

Looks like your system is expecting different decimal notation for starters.

You will need to open your xml files and convert "." to "," or vice versa, depending on your locale.

(Should be able to do a search & replace to make this more tolerable)

SMP is definitely functioning as its trying to parse the xml files, so you are good to go in that regard.

The physics files for the dress are declaring a bunch of unused bones, that should not be an issue though, as it indicates in the log it just skips those bones.

Can't say I have seen the memory address warning before, though I do usually run with ENB & with other tweaks that may remove Skyrim's memory cap.

Edited by treota