A Guide to HDT-SMP Users/Modders

treota

@BlueGunk

I do not claim to be particularly good at vector math so take what I say with a 'research and confirmation required' mindset.

The w has something to do with assisting in transforming vectors in 3D space (in this case a position or point), 1 represents a position where 0 represents a direction.

As we are describing the center of mass which is a position, w should be 1.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@BlueGunk

I do not claim to be particularly good at vector math so take what I say with a 'research and confirmation required' mindset.

The w has something to do with assisting in transforming vectors in 3D space (in this case a position or point), 1 represents a position where 0 represents a direction.

As we are describing the center of mass which is a position, w should be 1.

Many thanks! I can see what you are saying and it makes sense. Thanks for taking the time out to answer!

• 5 weeks later...

@rasser80

Which mods are you having issues with?

SMP will only work out of the box with armor/hair that has been specifically created for it (commonly referred to as a SMP patch), the mesh in question needs an extra flag set that points to the physics declaration file.

If you are wanting to get a mod working that does not have this you either need to add the mesh that you want physics applied to in the 'registry' (defaultBBPs.xml) or add the flag in the nif file.

i tryed differnt mods that had hdt-smp and nothing works, as of now i am trying to get this to work https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17416 hdt cloaks for SSE.

this guide do talk about OpenCL on first page and dont know if thats my problem or not, links added just point to a page with xxx links to click on and i have no idea what do what there.

@rasser80

https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html - This has a field which tells you if your card supports OpenCL

Though if you have body mods working with SMP then you are fine and it should work for anything.

I did a quick test of Cloaks and Capes with Artesian Cloaks of Skyrim, everything works as expected.

You are required to install both the original mod and then Artesian Cloaks after

EDIT: On further reading of the requirements, it looks like you don't need the original mod,

EDIT2: Actually the mod requires Cloaks and Capes as a master so I guess you do need the original as well.

The new mesh from Artesian Cloaks has the node which links the cloak to its physics definition file.

Edited by treota

• 3 weeks later...

sorry i been abit afk, been rebuilding my PC.

i tryed that cpu-z program no idea what to look for.

my cpu is a i7-8700k with 16GB a 1050 ti geforce, it should be able to run SMP on armors, but for some reason only boobs and butt works.

Apologies I pointed you to the CPU version, the GPU version will just have a field under graphics card that tells you if your card supports OpenCL. https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-gpu-z/

However you are right I would expect a 1050 to support it fine.

Have you tried a clean profile, just installing the required mods for SMP and whichever SMP based mod you want to use?

• 3 weeks later...

• X: Left/Right/Pitch
  • Y: Up/Down/Yaw
  • Z: Forward/Back/Twist/Roll

Please help me understand this, because unless SMP is inventing its own axes, it's wrong.

Angular Left/Right is Yaw, not Pitch. Yaw is movement about the vertical axis of an object- in aircraft, primarily controlled by rudders.

Angular Up/Down is Pitch, not Yaw. Pitch is movement about the lateral axis of an object- in aircraft, primarily controlled by elevators.

Linear Forward/Back is Fore/Aft, not Twist/Roll. Fore & Aft are actually bipolar longitudinal vectors, not really an axis per se, while Roll is angular movement about the longitudinal axis of an object- in airplanes, primarily controlled by ailerons.

It is not conceptually possible for "Z" (or any other single label) to represent both fore/aft linear movement AND twist/roll angular movement at the same time. Yes, an object can move fore/aft and twist/roll at the same time, but it can't legitimately use the same descriptor or label ("Z") for both of those movements because then the label becomes ambiguous and functionally meaningless. Therefore, "Z" must be one or the other- either it is Fore/Aft (linear) movement or it is Roll/Twist (angular) movement. In the case of Skyrim physics systems, it seems that it would have to be exclusively fore/aft because there are no roll controls in Skyrim physics systems.

Also, please advise where I can find a definition (with examples) of "proxy object," which is mentioned and used to define or "clarify" other concepts but not themselves clearly explained or defined that I could see. Maybe I've just gone blind- it's late. :wallbash:

Thanks.