A Guide to HDT-SMP Users/Modders

treota

This is an old (er) thread so I hope someone can either answer or point me in a better direct

I am using HDT-SMP physics (from HydrogenSays website, for SSE 1.5.53) and am having an issue where after so many minutes / so many load cell /doors /fast travels my FPS goes a bit batty - the FPS reported is a constant up-and-down blur. of numbers. (I am using FRAPS) If I save and restart it goes back to constant near-60 (where it is clamped AND vsynced in the INI's.) My GPU is a NVidia 1080 ti. My CPU is an i7 8700K mildly OC'd to 4.9 GHZ

When I look at the performance on Skyrim Perf. Monitor, (run through MO2) the GPU performance is all over the place. The GPU graph looks like a seismograph. Always. The other graphs are all pretty stable, with the VRAM never going above 6GB Note: The GPU temps never go above 85c. Note also that the CPU never goes much above 35% (Of course, the SSE Perfmon leaves a LOT to be desired...)

Now, my thought is that somehow the implementation of opencl on NVidia is not so good... To this end I have D / L'ed the latest opencl implementation for Intel CPU w / o GPU.

My questions are twofold: 1, does anyone have any better thoughts as to why my system is going nuts after a while? And, secondly - If I go the CPU route, how do I disable the openCL implementation on my GPU?

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the confusion, but I'm a little lost on the install instructions. Could you please elaborate on what and where to download from the Intel website? I can't find any actual download links, and the few pages I did lead to asking me to open an Intel account with corporate info, real name and other stuff which I don't want to share with them. I can't in the first place, since I'm not a developer.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28566/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=80939

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28567/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers

Assuming you are on windows 10 the above might be what you are looking for, depends on the hardware you have though.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/80939/Graphics-Drivers

Supposedly the OpenCL runtime comes with the graphics drivers.

If you are running a Radeon / AMD graphics card you probably don't need to bother with the intel drivers. If you are running SMP on Skyrim special edition you probably don't need to worry about the intel drivers either.

rookie question. when applying links inside of the defaultbbp.xml instead of inside nifskope.

How are meshes with 2 weights handled?

Would i have to make 2 entries one for high one for low - e.g torso_0 and torso_1

TY, i just started using hdt-smp, far form being perfect but its amazing. it rely brings immersion to a hole new level, im glad its work was ported over and continued, just wish HDT/team would post on nexus again and help with troubleshooting and etc.