Blender-.nif file issue.

Smakis

Hello! I asked in the chat where such a question would fit best in for what section, I got an answear that the game-section would be best so...

I got a question about Blender. I have modified a Morrowind-item (.nif) with Blender. However... I cannot import and export .nif files with Blender, aswell as I cannot open .blend files with NifSkope.

There are addons for Blender as I have tried to install for my Blender, which allows me to do just this with .nif file format. But it seems like the addon refuse to being installed. I cannot seem to find the issue really, as nothing happens, it wont get installed.

This is the video I followed for trying to install this addon;

I would be most delighted if someone know how to do this "correct" or if someone can send me your own Blender-Directory with the addon already installed.

Or if you know another program which can modify .nif files and save them for NifSkope, feel free to tips me :)

Thanks!

AFAIK, the only version of Blender that can be used for import/export of .nif files is Blender 2.49. You will also need NifScripts, Python and PyFFI.

Everything you need can be found here: http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/12248/?

Read the instructions and install the files in this order: Python

Blender

PyFFI

NifScripts

NifSkope

Hope this helps.

• 1 year later...

AFAIK, the only version of Blender that can be used for import/export of .nif files is Blender 2.49. You will also need NifScripts, Python and PyFFI.

Everything you need can be found here: http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/12248/?

Read the instructions and install the files in this order: Python

Blender

PyFFI

NifScripts

NifSkope

Hope this helps.

I know that certain versions of blender, python, and pyffi need to be used in order for the .nifs to be compatible with morrowind. Do you know which versions theseare?

• 5 months later...

Or.... Destroy Blender with a hammer and download Milkshape and the Nif Exporter.

I prefer this way as I HATE Python. Each to their own though :D

Where you download the Milkshape Nif Exporter from?

If only I had answered you.... I now need it myself lol

Or.... Destroy Blender with a hammer and download Milkshape and the Nif Exporter.

I prefer this way as I HATE Python. Each to their own though :D

Where you download the Milkshape Nif Exporter from?

If only I had answered you.... I now need it myself lol

haha :sad:

• 4 weeks later...

I have searched for this on the forum and not found something, so please excuse what may seem to be a thread hi-jack. - I have simply used this thread because it is very closely related subject matter and an answer would, therefore (and hopefully) be helpful to anyone looking for answers relating to the original thread subject. Anyway, my question is: what is the situation with nif Nible? - I come across references to this time and time again in readme files, but I have had absolutely no success in finding a copy whatsoever. Has this utility been lost, expunged, assimilated, what - ? If anyone knows, then please enlighten us!

Edited by Treehuggery

I have searched for this on the forum and not found something, so please excuse what may seem to be a thread hi-jack. - I have simply used this thread because it is very closely related subject matter and an answer would, therefore (and hopefully) be helpful to anyone looking for answers relating to the original thread subject. Anyway, my question is: what is the situation with nif Nible? - I come across references to this time and time again in readme files, but I have had absolutely no success in finding a copy whatsoever. Has this utility been lost, expunged, assimilated, what - ? If anyone knows, then please enlighten us!

This? http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:NIBLE

I'm no expert but it looks like NIFSkope includes that functionality. I think you can safely assume it's abandoned

Hi guys. The best nif exporter for blender is probably the script by Greatness7. Call in here and ask https://discord.gg/7jwFma

There is always someone around and if you give G7 a shout I'm sure he will give you the download. Personally as it says above, I prefer to mesh in Wings and then export to nif in milkshape (I find it the easiest way to texture) and then play about with the mesh in Nifskope after.