THE Psi-Gate and its amazing storyline Video.

Zyxpsilon

TBH, i had kept this Objective in stasis for about three to four game-time months in a row fearing the Tactical mission would be slightly harder than other kinds that preceeded it.

Not so much as i expected... but i also wanted to bring a very special custom character (supplied by a BIN file right here on the Nexus); Either Sam Carter or Daniel Jackson!

They both just fit the theme of XC2 SCiFi premises. In my mind, they'd just represent total immersion (almost some emotional reactions) and proper context at a minimum. Little did i know that this choice to suspend it for awhile in order to put them both into PSI-Training long enough to offer initial capacities would prove to become an exact match with the post-mission steps or reveals.

-- You win.

-- You discover the Psi-Gate secrets through Shadow-Chamber project.

-- You comfortably sit down and begin to enjoy the most amazing sequence of cinematics and storyline reveals.

All in all, as a side-commentary hint... this is what i feel is the most optimal Avenger facilities setup. In general terms, you can benefit from key proximity upgrades and quick enough gameplay flow.

http://s24.postimg.org/ffsoyfzx1/Optimal_Avenger_Layout.png

NOTE; Mostly depends on how lucky you're likely to get with bonus excavation resources and into which order you start dropping any buildings. The essential being that the Workshop spot is precious as each of its four sides provide much needed extra engineering staff. Two Resistance Comms are required to get worldwide coverage. The Defense Matrix might not be necessary though since i have yet to witness another UFO assault against the mobile base... ETC!

Continued -- Not only that... the actual "Gate" principles (visually and storywise) perfectly match with the whole SG1 lore. Except here, XCom dispatches a Gremlin (sporting a cool Codex brain as an amplified mechanical detail, no less) to explore the Unknown.

This is crazily and honestly a fantastic pattern of intuitive imagination by Firaxis staff and designers. What next?! If that specific gameplay step was any indication of what will happen until the end... i'm in for a magic ride beyond my wildest dreams or far more than justifiable money (80$CDN) investment into a high quality product. The Gaming world must be scratching their heads at this point -- thinking why in hell nobody followed through what Jake Solomon (and gang) was hoping about many years ago in TBS projections.

If i shall have only one tiny thing to be critical about -- It's a typo in the Code-Name upon project completion; Heiroglyph!!!

It should be HIEROGLYPH, people. I fully expect an emergency Patch to that INT (++) file, please hurry.

Perfection is fun, flaws are bad vibe.

:laugh:

:dance: