Sky UI Error Code 7

PompousPotato

So I've been having a SkyUI error code 7 message pop up every time I load a character on Skyrim.

I'm on the most recent versions of Skyrim, SkyUI and SKSE and have all the DLC. I have about 20 mods but nothing that drastically changes the game.

I believe it (the error) is preventing a couple of mods from working correctly. Also the MCM doesn't work either. When I click on it in the system tab of the pause menu it just shows the MCM logo. I've reinstalled SkyUI and SKSE a couple of different ways but it hasn't worked. I've also googled for SkyUI error code solutions but I can't seem to find anything.I'm not sure if this is the same problem causing both or if they are separate issues but help for either would be greatly appreciated Thanks!

It's the same problem. The MCM can't work without the SKSE scripts.

If you're using Mod Organizer you may not have the resources loading in the right order. The STEP team have some instructions for installing SKSE with Mod Organizer that you should read.

There's also a How to Install SKSE (non-video) guide and plenty of other video guides, I don't care for many of the video guides because they make the process far more complicated that it needs to be by having you package the SKSE scripts and install them through a mod manager.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I am having this very same problem, I have tried every one of these suggestions to fix it and nothing changes, I played it for about 4 hours with that error and the game ran fine (some mods weren't working to their full potential, but game was running fine otherwise) then all of a sudden I logged into the game, got this same error and when I clicked ok, I had every available action available except for the mouse looking option, I don't turn, look up or down, can only walk in a straight line or strafe left and right, but can't turn, also if I open my menu (items, map, etc) and exit out of menu, my screen goes baby blue and can't see anything at all but baby blue.

I have tried uninstalling completely, reinstalling a fresh install of the full game (tested it and runs absolutely perfectly), then freshly installed all the mods (9 in total, not counting SKSE), once finished, tried opening one of my saved spots, same issue, no changes. The only ones I can load and still pan with the mouse is an old save from before I even tried using mods, however I still get the error 7 and guessing it would be a matter of time before I lose the panning feature again.

I have checked to see if SKSE is running on the first screen when entering the game, where you select continue by using the ~ key and typing getskseversion and it shows skse version: 1.7.3, release idx 48, runtime 09200000. Also says the SKSE version when I go into the quit screen when I am quitting out of the game. Please can someone tell me what is wrong and how to fix it? I have spent the last 4-5 hours trying various different solutions I have seen in various different sources and nothing is working so far.

ok, so I loaded up the original skyrim loader, unchecked skyui (disabling it) opened up the game using the skse loader and the game ran perfect, no errors, nothing, I reinstalled the skyui mod and then ran the game again using the skse loader and got the error again with the same panning issue, what is wrong with the skyui mod? do I have it installed incorrectly, does it have issues in the files? I have no idea what the problem is, but I do know now that the problem absolutely with the skyui in some way, hopefully someone can help me with this issue

SkyUI error code 7 isn't about whether SKSE is running (if you're getting that error it is) it's about the SKSE script files not being installed correctly. Without the script files the SKSE functions SkyUI (and many other mods) need won't actually be available causing all sorts of problems.

The typical problems people have are simply not installing the SKSE scripts correctly, people letting Steam refresh their game files (which overwrites the SKSE scripts so you need to reinstall SKSE each time), having a bad configuration entry in the archive section in the game's INI file, or using Mod Organizer and having the resources loading in the wrong order. In my first post in this thread I linked two guides that should help you get the SKSE scripts installed correctly and the SkyUI FAQ lists the specific INI entry that can cause problems.

ok, I fixed the error, when I log in, I no longer get the error 7 notice when I log in, I had to install MO and use it to organize my mods which seems to have removed the error, I can even open the mod option in the esc menu. However, I log into the game, I mouse around for about 2 secs and it locks, I open the items, map, etc menu and exit it and the screen turn a solid color, nothing else. Here is a list of the Mods I am using, maybe someone can give me help on this.

SKSE

Skyui

Dual Wield Parry

skytweak

Grimy

FISS

MoreHud

Unofficial Morrowloot

Revenge of the enemies

Please tell me someone knows how to fix this

[update]

I disabled skytweak, game runs perfectly fine, reactivate skytweak and issue starts again, hopefully someone can tell me how to get skytweak running properly without causing issues

I get a "skytweak took xxxx seconds to load from local memory" message at the top left corner of the screen

Edited by vlarock1974

SkyUI error code 7 isn't about whether SKSE is running (if you're getting that error it is) it's about the SKSE script files not being installed correctly. Without the script files the SKSE functions SkyUI (and many other mods) need won't actually be available causing all sorts of problems.

The typical problems people have are simply not installing the SKSE scripts correctly, people letting Steam refresh their game files (which overwrites the SKSE scripts so you need to reinstall SKSE each time), having a bad configuration entry in the archive section in the game's INI file, or using Mod Organizer and having the resources loading in the wrong order. In my first post in this thread I linked two guides that should help you get the SKSE scripts installed correctly and the SkyUI FAQ lists the specific INI entry that can cause problems.

is there a way to organize the mods without using MO? So that I can load from the skse loader and not have to run the MO to run the game.

After reading your posts, I looked over the installation (which I have done 15 various ways), none of that was my problem, however after installing MO and seeing if that would help, it made the difference in the error message, but not in the skytweak issue and now to play the game, I have to have skytweak disabled and have to run the game through MO.