Mass Effect - Two Shepards Related?

CourierandWanderer

Wasn't sure which forum to write this in. I have this crazy theory. In Mass Effect, it's made official that the story can have only one Commander Shepard (either the male or female). However, unofficially speaking, what if the two genders could both exist? For a FanFiction tale, I would think that it'd be interesting if both the male and female Shepards were brother and sister. Although, they would both have to share the same personal history (Earthborn, Spacer, or Colonist). As for military service (War Hero, Sole Survivor, or Ruthless) it can be different in any respect.

This crazy idea comes from how I feel about how the character can be created. Please, don't confuse me as sexist like how most gamers are. I like both of the Shepards, not just one of them. When I play a different gender, I feel like I'm playing a completely different character in the other character's shoes. For example, Fallout 4 is not just determining only one character. In Fallout 4, each gender is a separate character. Whichever one you choose gets to be the protagonist. That's how I feel about Commander Shepard in Mass Effect. I know that my idea sounds crazy, and it would probably sound stupid for some people. I won't judge what anyone else says. Please, feel free to comment. Share your thoughts on this.

• 1 year later...

Actually, I've seen some fanfictions floating around that embrace that very concept. Some stories have them as two people in parallel universes, and there are at least a couple IIRC that have the whole "good and evil twin" thing going on (a nod to paragon and renegade).