A Music Expansion Mod

TheComposer1

Hi all!

I'm a composer with a deep love for the music in the Fallout series and for the longest time I wanted to write music for it. Well yesterday I decided to start. I tasked myself with writing a track that truly fits into the Fallout 4 universe. I've made a simple gameplay video showing one track written by the games composer and the one track that I wrote as a bit of a side by side "in-context" demo. At this point I really believe I could and should make a music mod. Here's the trouble, I don't know how to implement music, so, if there is someone out there that likes what they hear and would like to handle the technical side, I can certainly handle the musical side. I'd appreciate the help. Oh and if any modders that are perhaps making expansions that need their own custom music, drop me a line, I'd be happy to help out!

(I'm sure everyone here is very familiar with the FO4 music so my track starts at 4:35.)

Thanks!

I can be reached here and also at:

[email protected]

Edited by TheComposer1

Replacing existing music is fairly simple as all you'd need to do is find the music track you'd wish to replace, create directory to that file in the data folder (for example Sounds\Musics\Special), and add your track there with the file name of the original file. I'm not sure what all sound formats the game supports (or what all formats there nowadays is as I've worked very limited amount with sounds), but at least in case of replacements the sound format needs to be the same. If you are making the sounds as standalone instead of replacement, you'll also need to create and setup some forms with FO4Edit to have something trigger the music.

Replacing existing music is fairly simple as all you'd need to do is find the music track you'd wish to replace, create directory to that file in the data folder (for example Sounds\Musics\Special), and add your track there with the file name of the original file. I'm not sure what all sound formats the game supports (or what all formats there nowadays is as I've worked very limited amount with sounds), but at least in case of replacements the sound format needs to be the same. If you are making the sounds as standalone instead of replacement, you'll also need to create and setup some forms with FO4Edit to have something trigger the music.

Hmm okay, yeah I was thinking of making it an expansion to add to the music that's already there. To be honest I'm not even sure what FO4Edit is (similar to GECK?). My experience with computers is mostly in the hardware side. The closest I get to mods is using them haha.

Your music seamlessly fits into the game style - quite good. If you don't find a partner right away you could add them as a radio station to get it published in-game. Personal Radio Standalone by junior99au and zilav's page are places you might get good help and a possible partner that is more knowledgeable. I hope we can collaborate later on (post-GECK) for a quest mod and bring your musical talents to bear.

Your music seamlessly fits into the game style - quite good. If you don't find a partner right away you could add them as a radio station to get it published in-game. Personal Radio Standalone by junior99au and zilav's page are places you might get good help and a possible partner that is more knowledgeable. I hope we can collaborate later on (post-GECK) for a quest mod and bring your musical talents to bear.

Thank you! I'm really glad you like it! Awesome suggestion, I'm going to look into that mod and maybe see about contacting Zilav. And yea I'd love to supply some music for a mod! I've been wanting to get involved in the modding community for a long time but until recently I didn't really have anything to offer, so it'll be nice to be able to give back.

• 1 year later...