DA2 item delivery scripts

Sunnie

Thank you Thor, this is exactly what I was getting at.

I tried to use some of the old Origins scripts that I have, but none of them would work in DA2.

I assume compiling this DA2 script requires the DA2 LDFs in the patch for the toolset to load?

Also, would have an example of the source to auto add the items to Hawke the first time the mod is loaded?

np. [/trying to act non chalant and definitely failing :teehee: ]

I would never want to share a thread from this forum in which someone had posted a controversial, venting, ranting, or "imo" type of comment. After all. that kind of thing is why this forum was started: a safe place to do that without sparking a flamefest with the very ones who engender many of those feelings. :thumbsup:

But an "additem" script that doesn't depend on vaddi? That is DA2 modder gold! And it doesn't have any of the above attributes for being placed here as opposed to a more "public" location.

The reason I asked for Sunnie's permission is because, as the OP, if s/he had intentions of taking the topic in a more... personal direction I didn't want to throw a spanner in the works. :happy:

It's she! :thumbsup:

I posted this here initially because I did not want the casual one-off type modders jumping in and muddying the waters with cries and pleas to give up that info. The goal was to discuss it in this more private setting with more experienced folks.

I don't think this thread, as it is now, should be moved as is, however another thread could be made in a more public place if Thor is ok with his (I assume you are male from your persona name) source being made public.

Thanks again Thor!

Sunnie,

I'm not a scripter. I can't remember where I got it from. This script is the same script I used for some of my standalones for DAO.

I tried it in DA2 and it worked. Running Toolset was no problem, since I installed DAO again.

I'm sure some of the scripters could help out further.

Currently, getting the items via console, seems the least probematic to me. I'm gonna stick with it.

If you google search "CreateItemOnObject(R" ... you'll get some example scripts you could experiment with.

I have to agree with Thor that the console script seems to be the best method.

Maybe not the most convenient for the player. But it's more convenient than a patch screwing up the load and then not ever being able to get the script to work right. The player ends up not being able to play the mod.

Not to mention that it's a much less complicated script to write down/edit than some of the autoload scripts.

And finally, if the player wants more of such and such item(s), they are only a console command away :D

Oh I do understand the advantages of just using a console script and the inconveniences. I was just looking for other options as well.

I wish we could see the nss for Bioware's chest delivery, it's a bit of a burden to drop 120 items (even in chunks) into a players inventory, not so much an issue if its being dropped into a chest that they can pick through.

Elys's "Mysterious Gifts" mod adds its items to the delivery chest. Maybe take a look at that?

Does she include the source script in the release? I thought she didn't...

EDIT: I also think she is doing it as an "ADDIN" package, which is a whole different ballgame.

Edited by Sunnie

Well, this has been quite educational!

I've successfully written scripts that will add all my stand alone items to existing merchants without modifying the merchant files. Now I just need to figure out how to fire the scripts at the start of each act automatically.

I've managed to write DA2 scripts that drop a new custom chest where ever you want, that has any number of items in it.

Here you see a new chest dropped in the mansion next to Sandal, and it contains 242 items.

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab133/sunnie2_photos/DA2/newboxofstuff.jpg