DA2 item delivery scripts

Sunnie

and it contains 242 items

Nice!

At this rate each mod user, who is still playing with DA2, will be able to have one item each! :D

Edited by Thor925

And this is how Sunnie gets the idea how to solve her probem, but then doesn't post her eventual script/solution.

What if I, or someone else, did want to use her solution?

Do modders really share information?

My 10+ years of experience say very few modders share 'real' knowledge.

You only get the wanna-be modders/posters who pretend they know something.

Will offer up all sorts of red herrings.

I'm very grateful to those few who do know, and who do share, otherwise modding would be 100 times harder.

And this is how Sunnie gets the idea how to solve her probem, but then doesn't post her eventual script/solution.

What if I, or someone else, did want to use her solution?

Do modders really share information?

My 10+ years of experience say very few modders share 'real' knowledge.

You only get the wanna-be modders/posters who pretend they know something.

Will offer up all sorts of red herrings.

I'm very grateful to those few who do know, and who do share, otherwise modding would be 100 times harder.

Hmm, yes I did solve my problem (in a few different ways even), and then got busy with other things. I haven't even ran DA2 since before my last post in this thread. Anyway, I am not averse to sharing my scripts, like I said, I have not had DA2 on my mind lately. *goes to dig up script source*

But wait, what are you really trying to say here? :huh:

But wait, what are you really trying to say here? :huh:

I'm trying to say, that my experience of modders sharing info, is not a good one.

Over the years, I have spent a lot of time helping people, with not a lot in return.

I can only speak for myself when i say, I'm no genius, who knows a lot.

Most of what I acheive is through sheer determination and experimenting. When I hit lucky, I pass that info on to those who want it.

A lot don't.

Why?

Wow, Thor! That's been the exact opposite of my experiences. Most of the modders I've dealt with have been happy to share ideas, solutions, approaches, etc. The attitude I've generally enountered seemed to be "The More - The Merrier!" And since things like scripting are pretty much "look at the file and see how the author did it", it's a little hard to keep secrets anyway.

Artists, now! They're a different breed. I've known several who got very proprietary about their works, and don't want others making use of them in ways they didn't approve. But maybe that's because the results are a little more public and identifiable.

I don't know, that's just what I've found...

I can understand why some folks would have trepidation with sharing something they put a lot of effort into learning, especially when it appears that the majority of users asking the most dumb questions and wanting everyone else to "give them explicit instructions" on how to do x, y, and z, and then a, b, & c as well. The majority of the time they never actually learn anything, they just copy what someone else learned and pat themselves on the back. I've seen this a lot in my years around this scene (back to Morrowind / NWN), and things never really change much.

@Sunnie;

Right, that's why I point folk to the articles and tutorials whenever I can. If they're serious about learning this stuff, they'll devour anything that tries to help them. And they'll come back to me with specific questions on specfic problems or issues they don't understand.

If they're not serious, then a lttle reading on their own scares them off and I never hear from them again! :tongue:

Hi Thandal,

Maybe my judgement is clouded with meeting the wrong people over the years. Me going into a big sulk. "F you all. I'll find out myself!" ;p

To get a truer picture, I suppose I'd have to bother with a lot of modders. I don't.

Take this post for example, because of my clouded judgement, when ishmaeltheforsaken asked "That's awesome! But how do you get it where you want it?" ...

I knew there would be no reply. Was I right?

This is not an attempt to criticise anyone. It's sad that I think like that.

Take this post for example, because of my clouded judgement, when ishmaeltheforsaken asked "That's awesome! But how do you get it where you want it?" ...

I knew there would be no reply. Was I right?

Actually, I posted earlier what I planned to post some time ago, which included an answer to that very question. But my personal focus has been far, really far, from DA2, and honestly it was not anywhere near making it on any of my priority lists.