Oblivion Mods: Common Questions and Problems

I'm trying to download the Oblivion Graphics Extender. But I have no idea where to extract it to. I normally just extract the mods to the data folder but that doesn't work sometimes, I have the latest version of Oblivion.

the readme says:

Installation

OBGEv2 has a few prerequisites that must be installed prior to installing and using OBGEv2. These are:

OBSE - Version 0019 or later.

DirectX Update

Make sure that you have first downloaded and installed the prerequisites. This readme assumes that you are only interested in installing the OBGEv2 Core package for the OBGEv2 OBSE plugin. If you are also interested in using the OBGEv2 project shaders, download the OBGEv2 Shaders package from the project TES Nexus page and follow the instructions in its ReadMe.

Once you have installed the prerequisites, download from the TES Nexus page the OBGEv2 Core package, then do the following to install OBGEv2 correctly:

If you have obge.dll or DepthTest.dll in your Data/OBSE/plugins folder, remove them.

Extract the contents of the OBGEv2 Core package to your Oblivion\Data directory. Answer yes to any merge or overwrite prompts.

The files in the "Extras" folder are:

d3dx9_31.dll - If you are using the legacy compiler and your game crashes, move this to your Oblivion game folder.

d3dx9_41.dll - If when you launch Oblivion, the shaders you have applied have no visible effect, and your OBGEv2.log reports that this file is missing, move it to your Oblivion game folder.

textures and shaders folders - These contain some example shaders that can be useful in testing that OBGEv2 works and are also useful examples for writing shaders. You don't need to install them to use OBGEv2.

but indeed, it's not really clear.

so, extract the archive in a temporary folder.

you'll have four folders: Docs, Extra, OBSE and Shaders

copy OBSE and shaders folders in you oblivion/data folder, and merge with existing folders if asked.

then go into extra folder

you'll see two folders, Shaders and textures. copy them and paste into oblivion/data. you'll have to allow merging.

now it should work.

you don't need to copy the docs folder, it's only the readme

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hallo.

Please, sorry me for my poor English.

I downloaded ''Caldera updated'' (tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=28854, created by David Brasher) and installed it. All was right, but when I went into ''Lord's chamber'', all around me had been white. In whiteness I sometimes saw details.

When I went out this cell, all right. When i went into, all was white.

Please, help me.

In the comments section for that mod, it says:

NOTICE: THIS VERSION OF THE MOD HAS BEEN OBSOLETED AND IS NO LONGER BEING UPDATED.

This mod has been merged into Vampire Hunting - Order of the Virtuous Blood

http://www.tesnexus....le.php?id=30568

and the bugfixes and improvements will appear there as new versions of that mod are uploaded.

----------------------------------------------------------------

So I think you want to remove that one and download Vampire Hunting -Order of the Virtuous Blood. Read the read me very carefully. This question does not belong in this pinned thread. Next time please start a new one so more people will see your question. Most people do not read this thread.

I'm trying to download the Oblivion Graphics Extender. But I have no idea where to extract it to. I normally just extract the mods to the data folder but that doesn't work sometimes, I have the latest version of Oblivion.

I can tell just from my attempts to understand the instructions for installation, that mod-usage is something I'll not be enjoying. It's too bad that it's so complicated, as I really wanted to see upgraded textures, etc. I am really disappointed.

EDIT: I've been going back to some of my crybaby comments, so that I can apologize for not asking pertinent questions and for seemingly looking for someone to change my diaper, as I was too busy throwing a tantrum. I'm sincerely sorry for this.

Edited by trog69

• 2 weeks later...

Would the Archive invalidation invalidated thing have anything to do with new races designed for HGEC to not use HGEC?

No, a race designed for HGEC will work only for HGEC, to use it for another body model requires to redo the body textures for this model.

hi i was wondering if i could get some help with modding. i am new to this and i dont have much idea how to solve problems. i have downlaoded several mods including some official plug ins. however oblivion seems to be very selective as to which mods work and dont. i dont have any issues with crashing or the yellow exclamation marks its just simply the mod doesn't appear in the game. i ahve tried all the normal solution and have made sure the box is ticked beside them in obmm and the data option for the launcher. i have also tried updating oblivion and installed it into another directory.

the mods that i have tried to install and dont work are:

vile lair (official plug in)

fighters stronghold (official plug in)

vilja companion mod

appachi goddess store

- i have also tried a few other mods that add a home for me and all have not worked

the mods i have installed that do work are:

hgec body replacer

thieves den (official plug in)

frostcrag spire (official plug in)

merchant fix all ( a simple mod to give merchants more money)

reparing the orrery (official plug in)

i ahve installed the mods using obmm and have searched many faq's and throuble shooting guides and nothing works.

ps: im running on 64 bit windows 7

thankyou

hi i was wondering if i could get some help with modding. i am new to this and i dont have much idea how to solve problems. i have downlaoded several mods including some official plug ins. however oblivion seems to be very selective as to which mods work and dont. i dont have any issues with crashing or the yellow exclamation marks its just simply the mod doesn't appear in the game. i ahve tried all the normal solution and have made sure the box is ticked beside them in obmm and the data option for the launcher. i have also tried updating oblivion and installed it into another directory.

the mods that i have tried to install and dont work are:

vile lair (official plug in)

fighters stronghold (official plug in)

vilja companion mod

appachi goddess store

- i have also tried a few other mods that add a home for me and all have not worked

the mods i have installed that do work are:

hgec body replacer

thieves den (official plug in)

frostcrag spire (official plug in)

merchant fix all ( a simple mod to give merchants more money)

reparing the orrery (official plug in)

i ahve installed the mods using obmm and have searched many faq's and throuble shooting guides and nothing works.

ps: im running on 64 bit windows 7

thankyou

umm hey would just like to post and say to ingore that last thing. i am retarded. i was using a no cd crack because i ahte having to put cd's in and the no cd crack wasnt updated. that was my probem all work fine now thanks for anyone who was in the process of helping me

I can't seem to find ArenaHeavyBag01 in the construction set. I swear that program needs a general search bar for the thousands of items it carries, especially when I know what an item is called and can't seem to or don't want to go around and find it -_-

hazz1800 - make sure you have the shivering isles update and/or the latest update available. go to oblivion launcher and to data files, then put a check mark on all of the plug-ins you wish to use. That's what solved my problem.