Adding a description to an item?

PraetorianMakarov

grognaks description comes with the effect, not the item, similar to deathclaw wellington, itll say "incr. Heal Rate" or something. id look for whatever effect the ring adds in f04edit and check that. chances are you wont be able to add anything, the small space in your pipboy tab between the rings stats and your little avatar guy is for items that have extra stat bonuses, for example if an item gives you CHA +1, PER +1 and STR +1. there is a very small amount of space to put a description, youll want "Magic Effects" in fo4edit. this is when you see those tiny descriptions in your pipboy. your description is going to be too long, but mess around with it. i would make a new effect, or add one to your ring as an override (legendary weapon effects are in "Magic Effects as well) and at the bottom of the magic effect page for whichever one your looking at youll see a description section to edit. if you look at "Incr. Heal Rate" youll see it right away, at the bottom

oh yeah one last thing, DO NOT give your ring the effect from an ingestible, youll likely crash or get bugs or something. the dethclaw wellingham says Incr. Heal Rate because it implies the health it gives will regenerate over a long period. if your going to copy an effect as an override use something that affects armor, not an ingestible

oh yeah one last thing, DO NOT give your ring the effect from an ingestible, youll likely crash or get bugs or something. the dethclaw wellingham says Incr. Heal Rate because it implies the health it gives will regenerate over a long period. if your going to copy an effect as an override use something that affects armor, not an ingestible

I duplicated the effects of "Grognak Costume" for it. Still carefully scanning both FO4 edits to see what I can do. Thanks for the warning, I'll bookmark this for future reference :)

if all you want is a small description in the pip-boy you can remove all the effect data of the grognak gear. and yeah its confusing. it is very confusing. but when you make that badass ring and people download it, and enjoy it, all that confusion and frustration is immediately justified.