enabling fallout 4 mods

MarcoWulf

Perhaps this will help. This is what's under [ARCHIVE]

[Archive]
sResourceIndexFileList=Fallout4 - Textures1.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures2.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures3.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures4.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures5.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures6.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures7.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures8.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures9.ba2
sResourceStartUpArchiveList=Fallout4 - Startup.ba2, Fallout4 - Shaders.ba2, Fallout4 - Interface.ba2
SResourceArchiveList=Fallout4 - Voices.ba2, Fallout4 - Meshes.ba2, Fallout4 - MeshesExtra.ba2, Fallout4 - Misc.ba2, Fallout4 - Sounds.ba2, Fallout4 - Materials.ba2
SResourceArchiveList2=Fallout4 - Animations.ba2
sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\
SGeometryPackageList=Fallout4 - Geometry.csg
SCellResourceIndexFileList=Fallout4.cdx
SResourceArchiveMemoryCacheList= Fallout4 - Misc.ba2, Fallout4 - Shaders.ba2, Fallout4 - Interface.ba2, Fallout4 - Materials.ba2
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

you have sResourceDataDirsFinal= twice. Remove the last line and you should be fine.

If my memory is correct, since I redid my .ini last night, the only line you should to add your self is

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

Yes. That's why I posted the [ARCHIVE] portion, so that it would be clear what was already there. I did as you suggested, and it seems to be working. I'm not positive, but I'm seeing thunder in the "True Storms" mod that, in the distance, are mostly just white blocky-type graphics. I know that if you get white rain, it means something's wrong with the mod-enabling or load order. Not sure if this is a glitch like that or just a part of the mod. Hmmm.

Anyway, thanks again for your help in this, bill8872.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to help those looking for answers to issues when enabling mods, I found that my problem had to do with the files being classified as "Read-Only". That caused them to be erased each time the game loaded. Right click on the Custom.ini and Prefs.ini, select Properties, and under the General tab you'll see if the "Read-Only" box is checked. Uncheck it, and save.