Remove all my Mods from TESNexus

Questions to the Staff:

If a modder is banned, why are their mods not deleted from the Nexus by default? Why should the community or Nexus benefit from the work of someone unwanted? And how can someone control their added content if they aren't allowed access to the upload page?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We do not automatically remove mods that were previously submitted by a now banned member. This is only done if the mods themselves are the reason for the ban. As always, if the author requests that her/his mods be removed (member or not) we comply with that request.

We do not automatically remove mods submitted by banned members. This is only done if the mods themselves are the reason for the ban. As always, if the author requests that her/his mods be removed (member or not) we comply with that request.

I know what the rule is and you didn't answer the questions.

Moderator text always scares me. I even register it in my head as deep, booming words that are usually spoken in some sort of reprimanding tone, even if it's not intentional.

Just thought I'd share that. :unsure:

Questions to the Staff:

If a modder is banned, why are their mods not deleted from the Nexus by default?

I've asked this one before myself because I think it's just plain wrong to leave someone's work up after they've been banned when they no longer have proper control over it.

Questions to the Staff:

If a modder is banned, why are their mods not deleted from the Nexus by default?

I've asked this one before myself because I think it's just plain wrong to leave someone's work up after they've been banned when they no longer have proper control over it.

They do have control. If they are banned, they could easily contact the staff and ask them to remove the mods.

The Nexus TOS is contradictory on that point. Uploaders retain the rights to and control of their uploaded content. If they are banned as JazzJR was, they no longer retain control, since they can't view the forums or use its functions. They must ASK for their content to be removed. If you have to ask for something to be done on your behalf then your are not in control.

I've asked valid questions.

The Nexus TOS is contradictory on that point. Uploaders retain the rights to and control of their uploaded content. If they are banned as JazzJR was, they no longer retain control, since they can't view the forums or use its functions. They must ASK for their content to be removed. If you have to ask for something to be done on your behalf then your are not in control.

I've asked valid questions.

If they can remove their mods simply by asking, then they do retain control... Its not like the moderators are putting their hands over their ears and shouting " Nope , you were banned, we wont listen to you"

There is a reason why the "Contact Us" form is there; For situations like this.

Edited by alonsomartinez

Kendo's point....I believe...is that the author can not physically clicky the button and do it themselves..instantly..but must wait for the admins to answer their call and fix it..which could be 2 min to never.

Seriously...I don't agree with this as I think things are being made overly complicated. However if you ban someone..unless they turn over their mod for someone else to handle...I think it should be removed..regardless of why they were banned. Then none of this getting someone on a technicality will be an issue. Save headache too in my humble opinion.