Remove all my Mods from TESNexus

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to debate the issue. This thread wouldn't exist if a banned member hadn't asked for his mods to be removed. That says it all.

I agree with that to an extent Kendo...but I think you have the misfortune of having picked a pain in the ass type to champion..if you will.

If you ken.

I'm not going to debate the issue. This thread wouldn't exist if a banned member hadn't asked for his mods to be removed. That says it all.

I agree with that to an extent Kendo...but I think you have the misfortune of having picked a pain in the ass type to champion..if you will.

If you ken.

Oh I'm not trying to advocate for JazzJR. I don't know the guy. I simply asked three questions.

I'm sorry to have to answer a question with another question, but I'm looking at this from a different viewpoint. One of a network security trainee.

How do you propose to give a NON-member of a website access to what files are or are not on that website?

I'm honestly not trying to be an asshat, when I'm asking this. Its a nice theory, but how to implement?

Its a completely and utterly proven fact that NO security script is completely invulnerable to penetration. What if we try this out, somebody sneaks in thru a hole, and all of a sudden every mod on the servers starts to disappear?

For somebody who couldnt follow the rules, it doesnt seem like that right of theirs is worth the risk to everybody else, who does follow the rules.

At no point in time have I known of, has an author been refused. Even when being a total axeswipe when making the request/demand that their stuff has been removed. Seems like a process that works, to me. If it ain't broke... dont fix it. :D

Also, some people requests to be banned because they are leaving - their mods shouldn't automatically be removed, as this may not be their wish - this may also be the case with banned people. Even if they are no longer allowed to come here, they may still want their mods to be here.

It's better if the banned modder asks for their mods to be removed, as it is now. This does actually give more control to the modder than if the mod is automatically removed! Automatic removal of mods from banned modders gives NO control to them!

Indeed.

Besides people, whoever said this was a democracy? Accept the Nexus rules and play by them, if you don't want it then go elsewhere. If you were banned it means you broke the rules, if you did so you have no right on anything.

Don't like it? Go away.

Now, if the rules changes after you uploaded your mod, well that's another issue...

To answer DarkeWolf question: you keep the banned members groups as being able to delete owned mods for 30 days and not be able to do anything else. Easy.

Same difference as a disable windows user account and deleted one.

A real life example. A mod author was banned, and he contacted us to make sure his mods were left up. After about 3 months he contacted us again, and was allowed to be unbanned.

Banning is not always for life, and often is for less than a week, and we are easily contacted regarding the author's wishes.

However, once you take the mods down the loss of stats is irreversible.

We've had mod authors go mental when they've been banned and their mods haven't been deleted. We've also had mod authors go mental when they've been banned and we've removed their mods. It's another one of those brilliant "lose-lose" situations we love oh so much here in the moderation team.

As others have said; some mod authors realise their mistake, send in an unban request form and get unbanned...no harm done. Their files are still up and have been getting downloads all the while and the mod author is content as all their stats are intact and there's no work for them to do.

As for "losing control". Nope. You lose instant control of your work, as that's a privilege for users who can follow the rules, but if a banned member sends in an email and requests their work is taken down then it will be followed. Just because a bank doesn't cash a cheque instantly, transfer funds to someone else instantly, or let you physically move your money in the vault to someone else's vault, doesn't mean you don't have control of the money you own.

As an aside: why does there seem to be a stick up your butt at the moment, Kendo? I see you've removed all your files from the site (they must be hidden, else you wouldn't have access here) but the only time I read anything from you at the moment is when you want to be critical about the sites. I ask, then, why are you here? The thought grates considering how much I remained neutral during all your various spates with others in the community who wanted your head here.

To the Staff:

Thank you for answering my questions.

Dark0ne,

As to your aside, I simply asked three questions. As to my being critical about the sites recently, I just checked my posting history. I don't see it.