Remove all my Mods from TESNexus

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. The best thing is to report troublemakers and not respond to them, but that's not to say we won't be a little more understanding of your frustration with people who don't seem to understand the principle of "if you don't like it, then move on and look at something else" or "Read the readme, because the mod author is grouchy and you would make an excellent virtual punchbag" ;)

What you think is that just because someone has uploaded many mods, they are given the right to be selfish or otherwise to be suspected for a ban

Actually that is not what I think at all though I can certainly see how you could come to that conclusion.

Sorry if I'm sounding rude, but I'm just voicing what I think about your post.

You are not sounding rude, you merely stated an objecting opinion to my post, and I have no problem with that. I enjoy reading the opinions of people on these forums, so I thank you for you opinion.:)

If that is too much work for a moderator, then maybe the moderator should think very carefully before banning someone who has uploaded a lot of mods.

With a comment such as that, you apparently think we ban people without much thought or research in the matter...

As for the tone of this quoted statement, no member is above the rules...

My statement could certainly have used an emoticon or two. It was not meant to sound so serious. More in jest really, poking a little fun at you for something you had said. But no matter, I apologize for the tone of the comment and any discomfort it may have caused you.:mellow:

I suspect the reason why there's laxity here is because we're all supposed to be mature enough not to need to be commanded not to act like 5-year-olds.

I have lost count of the number of times I have spent 10 minutes or so composing a carefully crafted brutal reply to some total idiot post. Then re reading it, as I do with all of my posts :thumbsup: - and deciding not to reply at all. Just the act of writing the post removed much of the hostility and I found I no longer needed to deep fry them with my rhetoric. :whistling: And the mod users are not the only ones to get this treatment. I have learned through painful experience that one part of maturity is not having to reply to everything that I don't agree with. And not everyone wants to read the opinions ravings of a old man. :tongue:

There is a quote by somebody that says "You should always keep your words soft and sweet. Because you never know when you may have to eat them." But sometimes mine can be burnt and crunchy when I do have to chow down on them. :yucky:

I have lost count of the number of times I have spent 10 minutes or so composing a carefully crafted brutal reply to some total idiot post. Then re reading it, as I do with all of my posts :thumbsup: - and deciding not to reply at all. Just the act of writing the post removed much of the hostility and I found I no longer needed to deep fry them with my rhetoric. :whistling:

I do this quite a lot :P.

I must admit that I have no idea how the software behind this site is built up, but I would imagine that with all the great this already coded into it, having an option to auto-hide the files owned by a modder becoming banned, would be very simple in comparision.

Nope. No option like that. We have to visit each mod individually from their profile.

From personal experience (as explained a couple of pages back), I find this statement arrogant and quite provoking. I am not saying (or believing) you mean it that way, but I think you completely fail to think of how it feels for the modder that has just received a ban.

I do not know the circumstances surrounding your ban but I'm sorry for it. I have seen what you typed and yes, it has crossed my mind. But has it crossed your mind at the backlash we get for banning high-profile modders? When something comes around that requires action, nobody wants to deal with it because of all the drama that surrounds such actions. Do we want to be the "bad guys" that pushed a favored modder from the site? Heck no, but we certainly wouldn't seem very honest if we let Jon Doe break all kinds of rules without any consequences and you know it. It pains me to be forced into a corner and have to ban a modder who felt the rules did not apply to them.

When it comes down to it, there is no "fair" way of doing anything for everyone. We try to do the best we can with what we've got. As you yourself said, you have a high respect for us doing our job...even though you were unjustly banned. That says a lot about you and how you don't cling to a single mistake like it was the norm.

One thing you may not be aware of is a change on how things are done on the back side of things...before, when people requested to be unbanned, it went directly to Dark0ne's email...along with every other kind of possible notice that the Nexus sites can spit out at him including PMs, error logs, etc. He often was drowned in incoming mail and simply could not keep up with all of it and certainly could not reply to each one. We offered to help him out and he listened. He created a utility that allowed people to request that their accounts to be unbanned and the request went to a private forum as a thread that any moderator can see, review and make notes. We have a pinned thread I created to serve as a guide on how to review unban requests to help keep things consistent for all cases even though many moderators are doing reviews now. We typically have around 3 moderators/admins commenting on each case before it is closed.

My statement could certainly have used an emoticon or two. It was not meant to sound so serious. More in jest really, poking a little fun at you for something you had said.

Dang, that could have saved me a lot of typing and just had a reply like this:

:tongue:

But no matter, I apologize for the tone of the comment and any discomfort it may have caused you.:mellow:

Thank you. Much appreciated, however, it is not necessary since you meant it in jest. Isn't it funny how the written language can be mistaken so easily without the visual cues from face to face dialog.

LHammonds

Once upon a time there was a mean giant who lived on a mountain, and he lived with a colony of dwarves called the trideans, or trids for short. The trids complained to the local rabbi about how the mean giant would get mad and kick them off the mountain, (this sounds like the nexus doesn't it ? :P) and then they'd bounce all the way to the bottom. (Because trids bounce. )

So after hearing the poor trids complain of being harassed over and over the poor rabbi decided to go visit the Giant and intervene on their behalf.

It was a long way up, and the further up he went he saw it was a long way down. By the time he got to the top of the mountain, he was veritably shaking in his monk shoes with fear! When he heard the pleas of the rabbi the giant just got mad and started kicking all the poor trids down the mountain. The terrified monk cried, "Are you going to kick me down the mountain?" But the Giant just replied:

Silly rabbi, kicks are for Trids!

ok I promise never to do that again.