For now go for Fallout 4. It will attract more attention at this time. And when the DLCs and GECK is released too there will be another rise in the number of its fans because it's getting more optimized and better and better every month.

When it's done, then go for NV.

Edited by Bavarianberry

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, my name is Josh and I am a YouTube content creator and have been producing content for about 5 years. I have always wanted to produce a written YouTube machinima series, not the new style of Machinima that's just a fancy news station, the ACTUAL definition of Machinima, but more important to you.. a series about Fallout. However, I am split.

I want to do one in Fallout: New Vegas, but I also really want to do one in Fallout 4. And no, I can't do both. I would be trying to make it a comedy style show but at the same time try to take it serious and try not to lose the Fallout atmosphere. The issue I face is which game to choose. Which one fits a series better? I wanted to ask the people what they would like to see more. Should I spring for Fallout 4? Or would New Vegas be more entertaining? I'm looking for the one with good companions, fun world and quests, a story that would be watchable over the course of multiple seasons, and the one with a more appeal. What do you all think? Which would be better? Any feedback is seriously appreciated.

I won't be doing 3 by the way.

Thank you for your time,

- Joshua T.

If you are SERIOUS, then the answer is trivial. You ALWAYS choose the newer engine, unless the tools available for the older one are key to your project. After all, you can usually replicate the events from the older engine in the newer one if the games are similar enough.

Now machima tools for FO4 are in a very horrid state pre-GECK, and even after GECK release (when Beth has finished milking the DLC modders could make for free) I assume it will take many months to bring the tools up to snuff.

Then there is the issue that although FO4 sold insanely well, the game was poorly received by the RPG crowd (compared to NV and Skyrim), and gamer interest seems to be falling off a cliff. Gamers will always move on to the next big thing unless a AAA title is extraordinary, and FO4 was anything but this (sadly). Only insanely good DLC, or rapid amazing mods, can turn the long term fortune of FO4 around. Will people even care about the title in another six months?

And there is little 'story' content in FO4 worth parodying - this is the weak aspect of the game. But creating NEW strories and memes in FO4 might be a much better idea.

Hello, my name is Josh and I am a YouTube content creator and have been producing content for about 5 years. I have always wanted to produce a written YouTube machinima series, not the new style of Machinima that's just a fancy news station, the ACTUAL definition of Machinima, but more important to you.. a series about Fallout. However, I am split.

I want to do one in Fallout: New Vegas, but I also really want to do one in Fallout 4. And no, I can't do both. I would be trying to make it a comedy style show but at the same time try to take it serious and try not to lose the Fallout atmosphere. The issue I face is which game to choose. Which one fits a series better? I wanted to ask the people what they would like to see more. Should I spring for Fallout 4? Or would New Vegas be more entertaining? I'm looking for the one with good companions, fun world and quests, a story that would be watchable over the course of multiple seasons, and the one with a more appeal. What do you all think? Which would be better? Any feedback is seriously appreciated.

I won't be doing 3 by the way.

Thank you for your time,

- Joshua T.

Then there is the issue that although FO4 sold insanely well, the game was poorly received by the RPG crowd (compared to NV and Skyrim), and gamer interest seems to be falling off a cliff. Gamers will always move on to the next big thing unless a AAA title is extraordinary, and FO4 was anything but this (sadly). Only insanely good DLC, or rapid amazing mods, can turn the long term fortune of FO4 around. Will people even care about the title in another six months?

And there is little 'story' content in FO4 worth parodying - this is the weak aspect of the game. But creating NEW strories and memes in FO4 might be a much better idea.

Sounds like a bunch on nonsense to me.

I will be posting here when the show is nearing completion.

Maybe you could upload a teaser vid in a new thread. It's always a bit more exposure and people like to get hyped. This way you may get more feedback on what others would like to see in your series or tips regarding ingame questline and useful mods avaible on nexus.

Edited by BlackRoseOfThorns