Heavy Traffic ×

Favourite "old" game?

OblivionMajorMODDER

Myst. IMO it's a great story with close to no handholding, and what it lacks in graphics it more than makes up for in imagination. It remains one of the few games I've played where you weren't automatically routed to "correct" decisions, even the major one at the end.

Hoping for a VR edition of it someday, along with my two other favorite old games, Hydro Thunder and Silent Scope. :smile:

Edited by NicotineCaffeine

If I had to pick one, it'd be DOOM. Hulk: Ultimate Destruction is a close second and should be seen as a standard for superhero action games today, at least by the end game with all the powers that streamline the movement and make you feel amazing just running around

I would say my favorite old games are
Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic Adventure 2 (Mainly for the Chao Garden)
Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Mario Party
Banjo-Kazooie
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
Diddy Kong Racing
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Half-Life
StarCraft
GTA: Vice City

Now if I had to pick one, it would probably have to go with Legend of Zelda OoT. Honestly, the N64 days for me was the peak of gaming, it's when I played them constantly and every week played a new game from Blockbuster. Goldeneye 007, Buck Bumble, Pilot Wings, Gex 64: Enter the Gecko, Space Station Silicon Valley, Star Fox 64, Pokemon Snap, Pokemon Stadium, Yoshi's Story, Wave Race 64, Blast Corps, Snowboard kids ... There are just so freaking many games I played on that system, it's pretty insane when I think about it.

• 1 month later...