i need help to understand how to fix animation's rotation

for weeks, i'm trying to modify the vanilla animation for a project i have.

but i'm totally blocked on the walk animations.

whatever i'm trying, the character always go to the right instead of the front.

i have followed lots of advice, like this one by UK47 or on niftools forums.

but nothing, there's no accurate answers.

i have tried to rotate the bip01 and/or the bip01 non accum in blender, as pose bone, in edit mode and in object mode, and also in nifscope.

in fact i have tried all the possibilities.

and the issue is still here, sometimes different, but there's still an issue and the animation is not correct.

i need help to understand what to do and how to fix before becoming mad. :wallbash:

several modders have made correct animations replacers, so, if you're one of them:

Can you explain us how to do, please?

thanks in advance

Yup but not with Blender. I don't want to distract you from this forum but this thing was highly adressed in our own private forum. What I suggest is that you have a look at our answers, we talk about it and you come back (if you have the answer) here to post for everyone else to enjoy.

This way I don't spam or ruin this forum by promoting mine, this is not the point.

mail me at [email protected] or pm Here.

i would prefer a real answer.

anybody else?

Well we were encouraged to be blunt and direct so I will be: :verymad:

I told you where to seek the information you need, you're now part of a my forum where you'll most probably find some usefull answers I'm not willing to retype(Check all the 3DS q/a look for animations in the titles of the threads).

Being a nice guy, you , however should feel free to copy paste your own answers for others to see here.

Again, I repeat for the last time: I'm not making an advertisement for my own things, God forbid, we do not actually seek or even want new members. Now, if you still can't find your answer there, then I'll try to answer accurate questions.

You're a modder, I'm not going to take your hand keep our species proud and independant. :mellow:

i would prefer a real answer.

anybody else?

Well we were encouraged to be blunt and direct so I will be: :verymad:

I told you where to seek the information you need, you're now part of a my forum where you'll most probably find some usefull answers I'm not willing to retype(Check all the 3DS q/a look for animations in the titles of the threads).

Being a nice guy, you , however should feel free to copy paste your own answers for others to see here.

Again, I repeat for the last time: I'm not making an advertisement for my own things, God forbid, we do not actually seek or even want new members. Now, if you still can't find your answer there, then I'll try to answer accurate questions.

You're a modder, I'm not going to take your hand keep our species proud and independant. :mellow:

If i ask here, it's because during nearby one month, i have read so many forums about animations and all have a different version.

it's the first time i'm trying to make animations and after many hours, trying and guessing how to do, i could hope for helpful modders to answer me.

anyway, you're forum is for 3Ds max, and as i have specified, i use blender.

but i can be more accurate.

here's a .kf file: WalkFastForward

it's simply the vanilla one, only imported and exported with blender, without any change.

the character goes to the right instead of forward.

my question is: How to fix that?

Rebel O Conner, I think I have a solution for you.:)

I tested your file in game and it was as you said, character moves to the right in 3rd person view. I made a small change to the kf in Nifskope and the problem seems to be corrected, Character now runs forward in 3rd person view.

Now going by your opening post it seems like you already tried this and it did not work for you, but maybe you did it differently, so I am including pictures so you can see exactly what I did.

Step one

Open the kf in Nifskope and in the block details / Controlled Blocks find Bip01 Pelvis and take note of it's Interpolator number.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u312/RGMage2/Oblivion%20Help/Bip01A.jpg

Step two

In the Block List hi-lite the NiTransformInterpolator that you took note of in the controlled blocks for Bip01. Now in Block Details you will see Rotation Quaternion Y -0.0 P 0.0 R 90.0 The 90 needs to be changed to 0.0

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u312/RGMage2/Oblivion%20Help/Bip01B.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u312/RGMage2/Oblivion%20Help/Bip01C.jpg

Click on the value so that it says Axis, then click on the Axis so it says Euler. Now change the 90 to 0 and save your kf file.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u312/RGMage2/Oblivion%20Help/Bip01D.jpg

This worked for me. Your file is now my walkfastforward.kf and everything seems to be OK.:yes:

I hope this works for you

I told you where to seek the information you need,

You did? where is this forum? I do not see links. If it's for max I would like to read. :)

it's simply the vanilla one, only imported and exported with blender, without any change.

Dude. Blender/max. Same issue with niftools exports. Same fixes work. Saidenstorms tutorials actually have a max fix... the first person to document such afaik... Saiden has said that it works exactly the same for blender and has personally tested it.

anyway, you have a 90 degree rotation on the bip01 controlled blocks NiTransformInterpolator.

edit.. ignore me. :)

Edited by Ghogiel

I told you where to seek the information you need,

You did? where is this forum? I do not see links. If it's for max I would like to read. :)

Dude. Blender/max. Same issue with niftools exports. Same fixes work. Saidenstorms tutorials actually have a max fix... the first person to document such afaik... Saiden has said that it works exactly the same for blender and has personally tested it.

anyway, you have a 90 degree rotation on the bip01 controlled blocks NiTransformInterpolator.

edit.. ignore me. :)

A lot of animations have this set to 90. Even the ones that I myself have made have it to 90 , and they work just fine.

Edited by alonsomartinez

Here's a PM I tried to sent to you bud, but you blocked me...

EDIT: apparently more talented modders have answered you, great, I'm glad it's all sorted out. I didn't copy pasted your message out of courtesy.

Wow, dude, let's calm down here, no need for that we're in the same camp remember?

90° Rotation

if i have posted a topic on nexus, it's because i'm tired to read forums with 1000 post to find a small possibility to help me.

so a guy who post "go to my site, maybe you'll find an answer" really piss me of.

>>> Ok ok, let's start over. You're bored of seeking the same answer you can't find. I understand that, let's focus on it. I offer help not nag.

you told me you remove several memebers a day? good, go ahead. i waste my time here.

>>> Na, don't be like that, you know it can work so calm down.

and stop to polluate my topic with your spams.

>>> There you desserve a slap, as a fellow modder I'll forgive your anger due to frustration. It can happen.

PS:the pelvis can't be moved, it's the bip01 non accum which need to be fixed.

and if you have read the topic i made on nexus, you would understand i have tried all the possibility.

>>> Fine excuse me to not be totally dedicated to people posting request on the nexus. Sometimes I stupidelty offer help before I have the complete answer...

Now, do we start over? I think we should. I still can help you, maybe not, maybe yes. One thing for sure: fighting each other will not solve your issue.

Are you with me ? We can also help the community by putting pettiness on the side...

I'm french speaking, sometimes my english is not up to the task so forgive me.

I offer help and I sincerely hope we'll fix your problem.

Cheers,

Grumpf.