Changing Companion Appearance = Collision Issue?

Deleted3637370User

I was changing Piper's appearance via the console the other day. I first entered "tai" to disable animation, then the "showlooksmenu ID"

After completing the changes, I enable animation and went on like normal. Then I noticed 2 things:

1. I could walk through Piper (no collision)

2. I couldn't select any of the farm crops for some odd reason.

So I didn't save the changes, but am wondering if it will be back to normal if I did save it and just reloaded the game? Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Out of curiosity, have you tried changing their looks while they were your companion? If so, maybe try it when they are not set to follow. Have you tried changing the looks of a non-companion to see what happens? And lastly, have you tried altering your character's looks? Perhaps the game thinks YOU are still in the Looks Menu and haven't released certain 'assets' back into the game for your model.

That's all I got. I'm sure someone (just about anyone) who is a lot more mod-savvy than I will be of much better help. Good luck.

• 1 year later...

Sorry for necroposting but I think I found the solution to this one. It's not caused by any bug at all. It's because you somehow used "tcl" to change camera angle while still selecting the NPC, therefore disabling the collision of the NPC. The same goes for anything you might be clicking on at the time of typing "tcl".
So, to fix this just click on whoever or whatever that lost collision, then type "tcl" again.