Are all crafting stations considered safe storage?

dem0nbreather

You do not 'need' armor to survive.

I would debate that. If you get good armor and pimp it up, it can make a LOT of difference. Especially on survival. And especially pay attention to the pimping it up part.

Plus, as a stealth character, I need SOMETHING to put those muffled and shadowed mods on. I can't paint my balls black and call them shadowed, can I? :wink:

Granted, technically speaking you don't NEED it, in the same sense that technically you don't NEED stimpacks either. Sure, you can finish the game without either, if you want an extra challenge. But it makes life a lot easier, if you DON'T want more challenge than you've already got.

Yes, but... why? Even if you want to carry more, a leather armour piece with deep pockets tends to add more carry weight than it weighs itself, so it's a net gain.

On a more positive note, and back on topic, here's a couple more ideas:

- ANY container is safe for about three weeks or so. They don't respawn instantly. So you can just put everything in a container outside whatever place you're looting, until you're done there, then fast travel back and forth to haul it back home or to a shop to sell or whatever.

- a PA frame without the armour pieces gives you quite the hefty bonus to carry weight. And it doesn't use up the fusion core when fast traveling. Pretty nifty for hauling stuff home, I would say.

- the same applies to your companions. Both the PA and pocketed stuff. And companions don't use up power cores. So feel free to put your active companion in an empty PA frame and have them carry your burdens for you.

Let me give you THE option for your character, for as far as i understand it: He\she's a survivalist, right?

Well, only take the most important things with you: some food, water, a good rifle, ammo, not even armor.

You do not 'need' armor to survive.

And leave everything else that you find behind.

I've been using only the dirty postman uniform, and not allowing radaway, rad-x or stimpaks. Until the Survival overhaul comes out, this is a pretty awesome way to play.