I'm Having A Computer Crisis!! PLEASE Help!

So essentially it all started when I over modded Oblivion and crashes my computer. :whistling: So I did a dirty wipe of Oblivion an attempted to fix it through system backups and perfect uninstaller. Finally I got it. Something went wrong, and now important things are missing that I do not know of I guess, idk it really doesn't matter. The point is, I need to reset my computer to factory settings and everything's gone wrong!! :wallbash:

Computer Specs:

Interl Core Duo CPU T9600 @ 2.80GHz

RAM: 4.00 GB

64 bit

yeahh. . . . that's all I can proved since my computer being a poopery face.

So I follow the instructions for the "AlienRespawn v2.0 DISC" and nothing happens. When I use the built in system recovery following the instructions it blue screens me saying to check for missing drivers or viruses. I've done both. My comp. seems to be fine from that stand point. Then it says "windows is missing s*** blah blah put in your windows 7 cd and click rebuild". I follow the instructions and do so, and all that happens is it crashes. I'm at a loss, I've done everything possible in my mind. Please help - - or I'm totally screwed! :facepalm: (Please don't post unless you're providing help cause I've gotten a lot of spam on other sites).

So essentially it all started when I over modded Oblivion and crashes my computer. :whistling: So I did a dirty wipe of Oblivion an attempted to fix it through system backups and perfect uninstaller. Finally I got it. Something went wrong, and now important things are missing that I do not know of I guess, idk it really doesn't matter. The point is, I need to reset my computer to factory settings and everything's gone wrong!! :wallbash:

Computer Specs:

64 bit

So I follow the instructions for the "AlienRespawn v2.0 DISC" and nothing happens. When I use the built in system recovery following the instructions it blue screens me saying to check for missing drivers or viruses. I've done both. My comp. seems to be fine from that stand point. Then it says "windows is missing s*** blah blah put in your windows 7 cd and click rebuild". I follow the instructions and do so, and all that happens is it crashes. I'm at a loss, I've done everything possible in my mind. Please help - - or I'm totally screwed! :facepalm: (Please don't post unless you're providing help cause I've gotten a lot of spam on other sites).

What are the specific errors that the blue-screen throws? What files does it explicitly want?

The easiest solution (in terms of time expenditure) at this point is like CommanderCrazy said - reformat and re-install Windows from the Microsoft media. If you can get any of your data off to another location before, that's always a plus. If you go this route, I would suggest (depending on the size of your hard-disk) creating two partitions - one for Windows and another for everything else (so that if you re-create this situation, you can re-install Windows without any data loss). Regarding the AlienRespawn solution - you should have a bootable recovery disc in that package, which will start the system up independently of the hard-disk, and allow you to re-image the system to factory defaults; whether or not this works as intended I do not know.

Computer Specs:

64 bit

What are the specific errors that the blue-screen throws? What files does it explicitly want?

The easiest solution (in terms of time expenditure) at this point is like CommanderCrazy said - reformat and re-install Windows from the Microsoft media. If you can get any of your data off to another location before, that's always a plus. If you go this route, I would suggest (depending on the size of your hard-disk) creating two partitions - one for Windows and another for everything else (so that if you re-create this situation, you can re-install Windows without any data loss). Regarding the AlienRespawn solution - you should have a bootable recovery disc in that package, which will start the system up independently of the hard-disk, and allow you to re-image the system to factory defaults; whether or not this works as intended I do not know.

1) It says "Windows detected a problem and shut down to prevent issues" then it goes on "Run CHKDSK /F (I did do this) to check for missing things". No problems detected btw. Then "Scan for viruses and malware that may be causing the problem". I did, nothing. :yucky:

2) Windows 7 install disk isn't working either. I guess I don't exactly know how to completely uninstall Windows, but the disk never activates it just freezes my computer. I already backup up my doc, pics, mods, etc. that I want on my newly restored computer.

3) I know. The disk isn't working. It's supposed to run it's own environment instead of loading windows, but it isn't. :wallbash:

Edited by Dustbuster96

You don't need to uninstall windows before running the windows install disk. If there is a copy there already it should give you the option of a repair existing or overwrite existing with a new install. New install will probably wipe everything off of your hard drive, so try the repair first.

Is your computer reading the dvd? or just going directly to the hard drive. If it does not read the dvd, you may have to go into the BIOS (setup) and change the boot order to make the dvd first. There should be a message during boot saying something like press esc to go into setup or whatever key they use - some use esc, others del, others F2.

Some boot ups have a message 'press any key to boot from dvd'. Others just do it.

You don't need to uninstall windows before running the windows install disk. If there is a copy there already it should give you the option of a repair existing or overwrite existing with a new install. New install will probably wipe everything off of your hard drive, so try the repair first.

Is your computer reading the dvd? or just going directly to the hard drive. If it does not read the dvd, you may have to go into the BIOS (setup) and change the boot order to make the dvd first. There should be a message during boot saying something like press esc to go into setup or whatever key they use - some use esc, others del, others F2.

Some boot ups have a message 'press any key to boot from dvd'. Others just do it.

I already did the little BIOS trick, and it does in fact boot from the CD drive like how you described, but then it just ends up booting up windows normally! I'm so confused. . . . :psyduck: And I finally got the Windows 7 disk to work, but there is no repair option in the menu. Just and install/ reinstall option that takes your old data and puts it in 'OldWindows' or something or other. I want my drive wiped to factory settings.

Use the format drive on the install disk. That completely wipes everything off of the drive before installing the new windows.

Alright then, I'll try it and edit my post back here with results. I'm HOPING, that if I get Windows re-done, then the factory resetting CD will recognize and operate. :sweat:

Things have just gone from bad to horrid. :down:

So I did what you said with the Windows 7 disk, and it installed Windows alright. BUT, the graphics are all stretched out and pixelated over my screen. Then I noticed the Alienware messages that normally appear on boot-up weren't there - - and the log in screen didn't have the normal Alineware facial recognition. The actuall logged in computer doesn't look like it's supposed to and AAHHHH. . . . :facepalm: Whyyyy!

Anyways, now my only hope is to restore it to factory settings, but now my computer won't even recognize the existance of the disk (so no blue screen either, like nothing was ever done).

Please help me, I have work and preparations for exams I can't do until this is fixed! And of course I can't play Oblivion either!

That last bit sounds like you are just missing drivers, try using the alienware disk you have to reinstall the software and drivers that came on the comp when you got it. Should clear that up.