Custom race error in the Construction set

Hi everyone :D

I am still having the problem where if i edit an NPC with a custom race with head mesh06 then i get misaligned texutes, however if i create a new NPC then i don't get these problems. The only problem is my project is all about changing NPCs :/ here are some pics:

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/8973/newnpc.jpg

This is when i create an NPC

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/2527/editnpc.jpg

And this is when i edit an NPC

As you can see it is a huge problem which i have been searching for answers. If anyone has any ideas please post them here as toy could help save my project ^^

Hi everyone :D

I am still having the problem where if i edit an NPC with a custom race with head mesh06 then i get misaligned texutes, however if i create a new NPC then i don't get these problems. The only problem is my project is all about changing NPCs :/ here are some pics:

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/8973/newnpc.jpg

This is when i create an NPC

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/2527/editnpc.jpg

And this is when i edit an NPC

As you can see it is a huge problem which i have been searching for answers. If anyone has any ideas please post them here as toy could help save my project ^^

it's because you don't use the face texture dedied to head06.

it doesn't use the same UV map than the vanilla head, so you need to change that in the CS ( imperial and dakhelf face textures are included in head06 pack )

And what happened in game? Is the problem only in the CS or it does f***ed up your game too?

What happened if you duplicate your NPC, modify number1 then recopy number2 (face advanced, COPY) head features into number1?

I also used to have CTDs whenever I'll go to advanced face before selecting head in the preview, it maybe linked to this CS bug... Shademe may know the answer.

No the bug does also happen in game and there are huge problems script wise by copying the NPC; believe me i acutally started to rescript all NPC's script and it was insane!

Oh and i get a crash when i go to the "face" tab first then to the "face advance" any fixs for that?

No the bug does also happen in game and there are huge problems script wise by copying the NPC; believe me i acutally started to rescript all NPC's script and it was insane!

Oh and i get a crash when i go to the "face" tab first then to the "face advance" any fixs for that?

Got that a lot too.

I think I used to be certain to select the face not whole body in the preview before clicking on face advance. Did you try CSE already?

I just got a weird facial problem with a new race too, so we're both in the same boat now...

I'll try to show what's going on with screenshots tonight, my error maybe linked to yours although I'm using CSE.

If you want, mail me your mod WIP and I'll look what it does in my CS, we never know...

[email protected] and remind me what it is about http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/happy.gif.

If you have a facial texture problem like the one you just showed in the CS, that's because your head textures and mesh do not match. Head06 isn't compatible with the vanilla head mesh, and Digital Girl isn't compatible with either.

Head meshes that work with vanilla face textures:

Ren's

Corean

Sulhwa

Throttlekitty's Hot Heads

vanilla head mesh

Ones that do not:

Digital Girl (DOES NOT WORK with Head06 textures either)

Head06 (all meshes)

If you have a facial texture problem like the one you just showed in the CS, that's because your head textures and mesh do not match. Head06 isn't compatible with the vanilla head mesh, and Digital Girl isn't compatible with either.

Head meshes that work with vanilla face textures:

Ren's

Corean

Sulhwa

Throttlekitty's Hot Heads

vanilla head mesh

Ones that do not:

Digital Girl (DOES NOT WORK with Head06 textures either)

Head06 (all meshes)

But why? surely the textures that come with the custom race should line up? or am i missing something?

Yes, they should. However, if you're trying to edit them and use a different head mesh, then there will be an issue.

The Head06 and DigitalGirl heads use a different UV map than vanilla (or vanilla compatible heads).

The Head06 and DigitalGirl mod threads contain the base UV maps with which you can make your

own textures or you can cannibalize existing DigitalGirl and Head06 textures for your own use

(seek permission for any released mods though).

When applying a texture to a mesh using a UV map different than that which the texture was designed

to use will cause all sorts of appearance problems. The texture will end up mapped to incorrect points

on the mesh, commonly seen as mouth and nose features incorrectly placed.