Custom race error in the Construction set

Hi everyone, sorry had no time to fix my problem. I'll try tonight and see if I can use all the help given here. Must be some UV map issue.

For the aging stuff I remember someone using it for scars.

Is that what Estrus uses to make people "blush"? If we can dynamically modify the age of a NPC, we could increase the complexity of facial expressions...

Cheers!

I think I worked out what my trouble was, it looks like I had saved a bad normal over my proper normal, but I still had the psd version so it's all good.

But the very best thing is now that I understand the agemaps, I understand what Tk meant with that last suggestion, and that is very compelling. I've read that a hundred times, but it never clicked until I read it again, Astymma. Including it here was just great!

Hi everyone, sorry had no time to fix my problem. I'll try tonight and see if I can use all the help given here. Must be some UV map issue.

Is that what Estrus uses to make people "blush"? If we can dynamically modify the age of a NPC, we could increase the complexity of facial expressions...

Cheers!

The blush effect in Estrus only happens if you also have EDialog installed an, I believe, EDialog uses a standard magic effect shader to apply the blush which could be useful except for one major caveat... shaders are spherically mapped onto the entire body. Makes it harder to correctly map effects onto a specific area of the body.

I think I worked out what my trouble was, it looks like I had saved a bad normal over my proper normal, but I still had the psd version so it's all good.

But the very best thing is now that I understand the agemaps, I understand what Tk meant with that last suggestion, and that is very compelling. I've read that a hundred times, but it never clicked until I read it again, Astymma. Including it here was just great!

Heh, you're welcome :)

Cheers!

The blush effect in Estrus only happens if you also have EDialog installed an, I believe, EDialog uses a standard magic effect shader to apply the blush which could be useful except for one major caveat... shaders are spherically mapped onto the entire body. Makes it harder to correctly map effects onto a specific area of the body.

Oh! Thanks for the explanation.

Too bad, would have been cool... So the only way I can eachieve this is to create helmets with face expression/texture and force equip them one NPC at a t ime... Complex and redneck but if it works...

Right i have had another look at the ID forms but still none match up, can someone please help me ^^ I extracted all the face textures from the bsa and i opened up the cs, i then expanded the ID form tab and try to search for an ID that matched one of the textures in the bsa but i can't find any that do match >.< am i doing something wrong?

You still didn't read that link??

The FormID for Martin that we see through the game console is NOT the one we need... (Something must load before the NPCs which offsets the ID numbers we see in the console.) BUT, if we look closely at the NPC lists in the Construction Set window, there's another column of values hidden in between "EditorID" and "Count"... If you expand the column, lo and behold, there's the form ID we need. :)

hmmm, well it seems you did.

Let me try an experiment here. (brb)