Subjectdelta0065

Now, I know this has probably been thought of, or maybe someone has already requested it, but this is a mod I'm dying to see...

The perfect addition to Fallout 4 would be a mod based on the Fallout Shelter app. It could be a better take on settlements in which it is a vault instead and its a population that you can manage as an overseer.

I also don't know a lot about modding, or what is possible with things like this... But, I'd like to at least give some ideas or try to inspire a better fix for making some of the features possible in a way that modders would know how to do.

First off, I know this is asking for a lot, a mod like this would be very complicated and I'm sure very time consuming to make it work properly (or maybe not, I have no idea); however, there are a few features I think that could be done pretty well, and I think it could make for a very successful mod.

-A new character could be made specifically for the vault, but that still exists in the same game world (save) as one of your other characters (I don't know if that's entirely possible); this way you could still travel to your other character's settlements and trade with them-or maybe encounter your other player as an NPC- as well as other settlements, and of course loot those settlements as well to find materials for your vault. OR, you could have control over the vault as the player from a separate UI, but your character is simply a dweller in the vault so that players don't have to feel like the world revolves around them. The save files would still be separate between characters, so your vault will be in the world of its closest state to your other character's world, but from that point of starting, each save advances on its own and only keeps the changes from their own saves.

-One of the bigger features in Fallout Shelter is being able to expand the vault and add new rooms for dwellers to work or live in, so it might be cool to have a menu similar to the vault layout where you just add rooms through the use of icons by spending caps and actually requiring certain materials that you find in the wasteland for certain rooms, these rooms/ icons would just replace spots where space is available, and the room would be added where it corresponds with the spot in the menu. Rooms could be inspired by rooms in the app, but not necessarily an exact copy of the layout if that would make it easier. Rooms could be upgraded or expanded up to three times each, similar to how it works in the app, in which you just replace the models for rooms or add props and features to the rooms when they are upgraded and expanded. This menu feature, however, kind of makes the map very limited in how it's laid out, mainly because that would mean the map can only go down vertically. Maybe the menu could be made into a 3-D prism where spots are available on all 3 planes and the prism can be rotated to select where rooms go. All of this could be done from a terminal in the your Overseer room or a UI.

-The terminal mentioned that would be in your room as an Overseer (or the UI if you play as a dweller) could also be used to assign certain dwellers to rooms, and also give them ownership over beds (if you use the living quarters from the app)/ rooms (if you use a layout similar to how vault 81 has their living quarters). This system could also be used to force you to know your dwellers better by name so that you know their abilities and can assign them to the right rooms (rooms that have positions available could be labelled by their floor number and type of room). Dwellers could produce the same things that they do in the app, but the items produced could be more specific than just 'food', 'water', and 'power'. Maybe your vault could manufacture fusion cores that go into machines in the same room (or a separate room) that provide power to rooms within range of the amount of power available from that room; they could produce radaways and stimpacks the same; they could actually produce Nuka Cola in the Nuka Cola production room; they could grow fruits and vegetables from the game in the gardening rooms; they could produce/ purify water in the water treatment rooms; they could produce food that Vault tech would typically provide and then sell it in the kitchens, as well as sell the crops grown in the garden rooms, and water+ Nuka Cola from the specific production rooms rooms.

-Voice acting could be done to give an immersive feel by reading off line from Fallout Shelter that the dwellers actually say, or new lines could be created.

-Dwellers, and your character, could be trained in the training rooms to train each S.P.E.C.I.A.L in a similar way that you could use the gym in GTA: San Andreas (only your character, dwellers could do this on their own). Equipment could still be given to your dwellers, and it could still improve their stats so that they perform better, but maybe things such as power armor and other good armor and weapons are now MUCH more rare to find when you explore the wasteland than in the actual game of Fallout 4. Raiders and Death Claws with higher HP than the actual NPCs could still attack your vault at random, and you can help fight them off and provide dwellers with stimpacks (maybe this feature is optional to some degree as well).

-Certain parts of the vault could of course be edited like you are able to do in settlements by placing props that are made/ used for the vault.

-And other features from the app could just be implemented: Radio rooms to attract dwellers, children born due to dwellers getting it on, happiness/ contentment, pets, Mr. Handys (could be rewarded after achieving so much in your vault), ect.

This mod would be amazing to see be adapted from the app. It would almost add an entire new game, and so I realize this would be a big project! Hopefully it will be a much easier task, and something we can see once the creation kit is available!

If anyone has any other suggestions as to how this mod could work, please discuss it in a reply! If anyone has any issues as to why some of the things I've suggested wouldn't work, I would love to know why as well!

Edited by Subjectdelta0065