Summon a doorway that leads to cell and back -- can't get back to summon point. Help!

fadingsignal

Hey all, I feel like this is basic, but it's just not clicking in my head. Here's the simple outline:

1. Player casts spell which summons a doorway in front of them -- this door is now a NEW reference, since it was created at runtime, in-game. It's just an activator with a door mesh to keep it simple.
  2. This door has a spell, just uses the OnActivate event to teleport them to a pre-defined x-marker in a cell, which is a reference passed directly into the script that is running on the door. Simple stuff here.
  3. Once I'm in the cell, there is another activator object statue that I want to have return the player back to where they summoned the door. However, since the door was summoned in-game, I have no idea how to get that newly created reference passed into the statue return activator script inside the cell, to bring them back.

Do I need to do this with a quest and an alias? (For some reason I can never get my head around those.) Or is there some way to link a newly created reference to an existing reference dynamically?

Thanks in advance!

SOLVED! Used this as a basis with some restructuring: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3105920-script-help-summoning-a-door/

I did an example of this for someone else on the forum a while ago.

Apart from the destination using a door instead of a xmarker and statue to return to the source point.

The example attachment to my post has long since been removed, but I may still have it on my old laptop drive somewhere.

Thanks for the reply! Funny enough, after posting this I did some Googling and it actually brought me back to your post; I think this is it, no? http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3105920-script-help-summoning-a-door/

It gives a pretty good structural outline, enough that it gives me something to work with.

Thanks again.