Replacing a country with another (Soldier nationality)

KnightDmG

I'm curious (and would like to try to do it, if it is reasonably simple) about replacing a nationality with another one.

Ex. I'd like to replace Norway with Finland, so the soldiers that used to be from Norway have the Finnish Flag on ther back and on the menu thing. (Also the name but that is not too serious as you can change the name in game yourself.

I'm talking about Enemy unknown, I do not have Long war, and I dont think I will get that.

Edited by KnightDmG

It's been a while since this last came up, but can be done. It really breaks down into two issues: changing the probability of getting the desired nationality (which IIRC is 50% at best), and changing the nationality info and flag. This can be done with wghost81's mod "XCOM Interface and Gameplay Tweaks" (which works with vanilla EU/EW as well as LW).

That assumes the artwork for Finland exists. If not you will have to provide that yourself, or get someone to do so for you. For awhile back then Zyxpsilon was providing them upon request for TexMod. He's still active, though moved on to XCOM2. Take a look at "Easy TexMod" and then search for TexMod resources. Can't add any more nations, but you can swap out some as you suggested. Or get rid of the various national flag patches completely and use an umbrella flag such as "XCOM" or "UN", of which there are several mods on Nexus. (Search on "flags").

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent