Can't help Triss Merigold to finish what she started in Novigrad? Quest Bug!?

So I think I have a major, game-breaking quest bug and was wondering if someone has found this problem and knows how to fix it or if there are mods that can fix it. Thing is after completing the "Get Junior" quest-line I never got approached by King Radovid and taken to his ship so far as I remember since I did not get the quest line triggered for "Favor for Radovid" and because of that I can't make the "Now or Never" quest-line begin. I have completed all the other necessary quests but those two won't start and was wondering if someone could make a bug fix for this or tell me how. I have been spending a long time trying to find out why the quest won't start. Basically it is the Brotherhood in Arms: Novigrad quest-line and it is stuck at Triss's. I would really appreciate some advice on what to do.

Many thanks in advance!! :)

Did you walk out of the main street exit door of Whoreson Junior's Villa in Oxenfurt or fast travel out of the courtyard? If you did the latter then your game save is bugged, there are no forced trigger mods. The only solution if that is the route you took is to drop back to a pre Oxenfurt villa save. This is a well known mod/quest bug.

• 4 months later...

I am putting this here in case someone comes across this post looking for a fix. Adding some common google search terms.

Now or never glitch or bug
Brothers in arms glitch or bug
Help triss finish what she has to do in Novigrad glitch or bug
To fix these issues you can use the console to fix it. If you are stuck at the Brothers In Arms quest with Triss - open console and type in the following "below" in this order. It will start a quest that is missing from your game. The quest to find Philippa Eilhart "Redania's Most Wanted". After you complete that quest and turn it in to Radovid, it will trigger "Now or Never, and so on. You game is back on track and fixed.
addfact(q302_completed)
addfact(q302_post_mafia_completed)
addfact(sq302_start)
Reason the quest gets bugged. After you find Whoreson and complete the quest, you must leave the area through the gate. If you do not, it will not trigger the mission "Redania's Most Wanted" and so on. There is a mod that lets people fast travel from anywhere and this is what causes the issue for most people. They fast travel out of Whoresons house instead of passing through the gate which of course a ruins a huge chunk of the game.

I am putting this here in case someone comes across this post looking for a fix. Adding some common google search terms.

To fix these issues you can use the console to fix it. If you are stuck at the Brothers In Arms quest with Triss - open console and type in the following "below" in this order. It will start a quest that is missing from your game. The quest to find Philippa Eilhart "Redania's Most Wanted". After you complete that quest and turn it in to Radovid, it will trigger "Now or Never, and so on. You game is back on track and fixed.
addfact(q302_completed)
addfact(sq302_start)
Reason the quest gets bugged. After you find Whoreson and complete the quest, you must leave the area through the gate. If you do not, it will not trigger the mission "Redania's Most Wanted" and so on. There is a mod that lets people fast travel from anywhere and this is what causes the issue for most people. They fast travel out of Whoresons house instead of passing through the gate which of course a ruins a huge chunk of the game.

This solved it! You're my hero.

• 3 months later...

addfact(q302_completed)
addfact(sq302_start)

Saved me a lot of backtracking, thanks for your post!

• 3 weeks later...

Good information in this thread. I had the same issue and had to go to a save where the player was in the estate, then travel out. Thankfully, I now have the in game console functioning, it's been a great asset.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...