Can't help Triss Merigold to finish what she started in Novigrad? Quest Bug!?

I am putting this here in case someone comes across this post looking for a fix. Adding some common google search terms.

Now or never glitch or bug
Brothers in arms glitch or bug
Help triss finish what she has to do in Novigrad glitch or bug
To fix these issues you can use the console to fix it. If you are stuck at the Brothers In Arms quest with Triss - open console and type in the following "below" in this order. It will start a quest that is missing from your game. The quest to find Philippa Eilhart "Redania's Most Wanted". After you complete that quest and turn it in to Radovid, it will trigger "Now or Never, and so on. You game is back on track and fixed.
addfact(q302_completed)
addfact(q302_post_mafia_completed)
addfact(sq302_start)
Reason the quest gets bugged. After you find Whoreson and complete the quest, you must leave the area through the gate. If you do not, it will not trigger the mission "Redania's Most Wanted" and so on. There is a mod that lets people fast travel from anywhere and this is what causes the issue for most people. They fast travel out of Whoresons house instead of passing through the gate which of course a ruins a huge chunk of the game.

Hey, Thanks for this information. I'm late to this party and have run into this problem. I'm using the latest Witcher version 1.31 and this fix isn't working for me. Is there an updated fix?

I GOT IT!!! Yay. haad to hit enter after each action. sweet! THANK YOU SO< SO MUCH!!!!

Edited by Delouise

• 1 year later...

I am putting this here in case someone comes across this post looking for a fix. Adding some common google search terms.

To fix these issues you can use the console to fix it. If you are stuck at the Brothers In Arms quest with Triss - open console and type in the following "below" in this order. It will start a quest that is missing from your game. The quest to find Philippa Eilhart "Redania's Most Wanted". After you complete that quest and turn it in to Radovid, it will trigger "Now or Never, and so on. You game is back on track and fixed.
addfact(q302_completed)
addfact(sq302_start)
Reason the quest gets bugged. After you find Whoreson and complete the quest, you must leave the area through the gate. If you do not, it will not trigger the mission "Redania's Most Wanted" and so on. There is a mod that lets people fast travel from anywhere and this is what causes the issue for most people. They fast travel out of Whoresons house instead of passing through the gate which of course a ruins a huge chunk of the game.

I love you. May everything you ever do in your life be successful.

• 11 months later...

addfact(q302_completed)
addfact(sq302_start)

THANK YOU