FO4Edit talk - Weapon modding

SK796

Good day to you all.

So i'm basically here to ask out for help and or directions to guides and tutorials with using FO4Edit specifically to mod everything to do with weapons. Now i've seen the sticky topic, and as helpful as that is in general modding i'm here to learn (and hopefully others too) about what the hell most of the stuff means in FO4Edit when scrolling through their data.

I am looking for pointers as to how to edit the following:

• Base weapon spread - i've noticed that even a sniper rifle with long barrel doesn't always shoot where you point it, and i find it infuriating for long range sniping as headshots are too much of a risk of missing and giving your position away. However i think this can be remedied with the barrel modifications as they can be edited to reduce spread. But for automatic and semi-automatics i would like to be able to make the first shot always accurate (at least for long barrels)
  • Adding/Removing available weapon mods - this bit overwhelms me... so many 'unknown' values for things. Is there a way to add in a new parent for the sake of offering more mods to a weapon, or even for adding more changeable attributes to a particular weapon mod. For example; say i want to increase the damage multiplier on some automatic receivers, but because some auto receivers have a 1X multiplier to damage (hardened or something) the stat simply isn't there to be modified. How could i add this in?

I can't think of any more for the moment, but to all the weapon modders out there i'd like in on the action :smile: and would appreciate any help on anything that is used for the weapon mods (standalone/balance patches) that are currently out there on the nexus.

Thanks in advance!

The first is pretty easy; its something like AimConeDegrees -(somenumber). That will narrow the cone that the bullet or pellets can fly down.

The second, I haven't the foggiest. I'm still tweaking the mesh on my weapon. Haven't looked into how the nifs are set up yet.

I would just add a new Property to the receivers/mods you want to modify the damage of as an Override in FO4Edit:

Property #

Float

Multiply

AttackDamage

V1 - 0.250000 (or + 25%)

V2 - 0.000000

Just like some of the other Receivers, Value 1 is a percentage so 1.0 = 100% and 0.01 = 1%. Just make sure you also edit the Property Count to reflect the new amount of Properties before you close it out to do testing. If you added one but don't change that number, it won't use the new Property!

There are a lot things you can do but that would do the job...or at least it should. :tongue: