Weird CBBE Skin Bug

MEISCOOKIES

Hey guys, I just happened to have a problem with my cbbe mod... Umm. Here are some photos. I don't know why this is happening. When I go to bodyslide and click Outfit/Body, and I click CBBE Body, this weird skin bug happens. Is there anyway to fix this?

I see something like this in-game when I build a new body or download a bodyslide set from another body type. You wouldn't happen to be using Mod Organizer 2, would you? I think it may be something to do with the VFS (virtual file structure?). I think a vanilla install works fine, it is just when I build a body or batch build for clothing. I am going to do a reinstall and then try one step at a time and see if I can figure out where it is getting lost. Oh, I am also running CBBE Vanilla Clothing.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

It's not a bug. It's a conflict between installed and used files. If you have the unique Player mod, for starters you need to hold the ctrl key when building a body so that a unique nif is created and not one that all females will use.

But mostly it's an error when installing Unique Player and not transferring the needed files to the right folders and BodySlide not knowing where to install/save what you do in BodySlide.

Create your new body, hold down CTRL and click Build. That places a new body mesh (femalebody.nif) in the BodySlide directory. Copy or move that new body mesh into Data\Meshes\actors\character\PlayerCharacterAssets. If you do not hold down CTRL when clicking build, like I said before, the new body goes to Data\Meshes\actors\character\CharacterAssets and is then used by ALL females in the game...

But before you start even to think about building a new body, you first need to copy the two 1st person files and two body & hands files from Data\meshes\actors\character\characterassets into Data\meshes\actors\character\PlayerCharacterAssets

The same with textures. Go to Data\textures\actors\character\basehumanfemale and copy 6 files (BaseFemaleHands_d.dds, BaseFemaleHands_n.dds, BaseFemaleHands_s.dds, femalebody_d.dds, femalebody_n.dds and femalebody_s.dds) into Data\textures\actors\character\PlayerHumanFemale.

Now you can use BodySlide.

Adapt your body, then hold down the CTRL button and click Build. Your new body mesh, femalebody.nif, will be located in the Data\Tools\BodySlide directory. Move that femalebody.nif to the Data\Meshes\actors\character\PlayerCharacterAssets folder and voila: a clean, spanking new body...

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same weird mixed texture problem.

Following your (MoralMinority) instructions, I found that I have no "basehumanfemale" directory. The "playerhumanfemale" does exist, however. No idea what caused this...

The basehumanfemale folder is created by CBBE. If you don't have that folder,then you haven't installed CBBE yet. The path for that folder is Fallout 4/Data/Textures/Actors/Character/basehumanfemale.